Community meeting on IRC 7th July 2022

Schedule: Thursday 2022-07-07T07:00:00Z   :world_map:   :date:

Topic proposals for the meeting:

• Add your name/nick using the template below to suggest a topic.
  • Indicate how much time you’ll need so we can time-box the meeting accordingly.
  • Please be as thorough as you can with your question/topic.
  • If you can’t make the meeting please ask and name a substitute.

It is expected that you show up and present your topic, or name a substitute and make sure they attend in your absence. These IRC meetings are for real time participation and live discussions, otherwise you can post the topic on here and get responses that way.

We need you to be present to clarify details in the topic, and to ensure the discussion is leading to the answers you are looking for! If you do not participate or your question/topic isn’t clear enough it will be postponed. Also: always ask for more time than you anticipate your topic needs!

Please have your topics ready at least 3 days before the meeting so we can prepare good answers. Topics announced afterwards will be postponed to the next meeting.

Template for topic proposal: (post your topic proposals as comments to this forum topic).

* Name/IRC nick:
* Topic:
* Some details about the topic:
* Approx. time needed:
* Substitute (optional):

Open Pull Requests:
We will also have a new section in the next meeting to help prioritise open Pull Requests. If you have, or know of, a pull request that’s been open for at least 3 weeks, but which you think deserves attention, please add a comment using the template below and we’ll consider it during the next meeting.

* Name/IRC nick:
* Open PR URL:

Untracked bug reports

ID Comments Additional Information
10063 Use NewPipe → long click on video → Share → Copy
12012 See my comment
10773 Read this comment to reproduce the bug easily
11349 Similar to 8818

Need some clarification (bug or feature request ?)

ID Comments
11632 I think it’s not a bug
8770 I think it’s not a bug

Bug reports with missing tag

ID Missing Tag Comments
11066 Pending Disappeared after a fresh reinstall
11641 Pending Disappeared after a fresh reinstall
5487 Pending Fixed after he paired once again
7734 Fixed See this comment
11035 Pending Disappeared after a reboot

Duplicates/To be closed

ID Duplicate/Close Reason
10350 Duplicate 7593
4977 Can be closed Not a real bug
11183 Can be closed Not related to SailfishOS
10128 Can be closed Not related to SailfishOS
10604 Can be closed Not an issue
11547 Can be closed Not an issue
9144 Can be closed Not an issue
3585 Can be closed Problem is the same on Android
6529 Duplicate 11546
5 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: remote
  • Topic: PulseAudio update
  • Some details about the topic: I’d like to inquire into PulseAudio version bump. Version 15 brings high quality codecs support for BT headphones. Is it planned?
  • Approx. time needed: 3 min
5 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: poetaster
  • Topic: RGB channel swapping in Canvas, Label, etc.
  • Some details about the topic: drawImage of Canvas renders images channel swapped. More details below.
  • Approx. time needed: 5-10
  • Substitute (optional):

These are not exactly duplicates. It’s possible that the origins for both are the same. But a qml Label doing richtext rendering is something very different from a Canvas object.

In either case, I’ve been digging into the QT sources to find which bloody bitmask is swapping channels and still haven’t found it. If I do, I want a bounty :slight_smile:

I just ran into the issue, with Canvas, in the context of harbour-stopmotion. It’s pure QML, so it’s not able to use Canvas as it’s supposed to be. As it stands, I’ll take the fixes that (with @attah’s help) I implemented in ‘Paint’ and port them to harbour-stopmotion, but that is a real pita for such a trivial, probably one line, bug.

To expand see: https://github.com/poetaster/harbour-stopmotion/tree/imageprovider which applies the same fixes I applied to “Paint”. Beside the RBG<->GBR swapping it also fixes the issue that image meta data (orientation for Portrait photos) is not being used when loading a url directly to Canvas.

3 Likes

Great that I had only 9 bugs. I moved yours to the list. Thank you for your comment!

Ah, just to confuse the issue. If I create a simple ImageProvider and use QImageReader setting autoTransform to true, on 3.4 (32 bit, Volla) this makes images pushed to canvas: have the correct orientation, AND the correct colors.

On 4.4, (64 bit Volla and Xperia 10ii) it corrects orientation properly, but get’s the color wrong anyway.

Minutes: #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 7th July 2022
Minutes (text): https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2022/sailfishos-meeting.2022-07-07-07.00.txt
Log: #sailfishos-meeting log

Thanks to everyone who joined once again for some lively and useful discussion.

2 Likes