Top menu steals swipes

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 1 of 10
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.3.0.15
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): xperia xa2
UI LANGUAGE: english
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION:

Sometimes there’s an empty swipe when opening the launcher menu and leaving it half-open. The next swipe up won’t open the launcher further, but instead, when swiping down again without interrupting the gesture, will show part of the top menu.

PRECONDITIONS:

At home screen

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. swipe up and stop the finger, leaving just few rows of launcher visible
  2. lift the finger from the screen
  3. do another swipeup trying to open the launcher further - if the gesture is nonfunctioning, without lifting the finger, swipe down toward the bottom edge of the screen until topmenu appears from top of the screen. Thus the second swipe gesture have been stolen by topmenu.

EXPECTED RESULT:

The second swipeup on halfopen launcher opens the launcher further

ACTUAL RESULT:

Randomly, at 1 of 10 times the dummy swipeup appears and swiping down without interrupting the gesture shows part of the topmenu. As in the screenshot.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

It seems to be the same bug as described here.

Also, as a sidenote, topmenu can be activated while launcher is still halfopen by doing single (dummy) swipedown over the top edge of the screen. Next swipe down on the screen will open topmenu instead of interacting with the launcher.

Maybe some of those randomly happening nonresponsive ui interactions in sailfish could be due to that. I hope the bug will be found.

By the way, thanks Jolla, i love the feature to control how much the launcher is left open!

Thanks for the bug report @veeall, and also for the kind words about the sticky launcher feature :slight_smile:

Since the original bug is, I believe, covered by @pherjung’s earlier report, I’m going to close this as a duplicate. But if you disagree, please message me and I can open it again.