[3.4.0 onwards?] Restore backup fails when restoring notes (here: from Xperia X to Xperia 10 II )

After some investigation I saw /home/nemo in one of the paths that was being used during the restore of the Notes.
Adding a temporary symlink during the restore helped me get Notes restored properly.

Add symlink (using developer terminal or via SSH connection)
$ devel-su
# ln -s /home/defaultuser /home/nemo

Run the restore procedure

Then I removed the symlink
$ devel-su
# rm /home/nemo

Maybe this helps someone with the same issue as me.

9 Likes

Had the same issue and resolved it the same way, came here to share the wisdom only to find out that somebody already did. :relieved:

Anyway, this should be reflected somewhere in migration docs (or better yet, Backup should be user-aware).

Moved to bug reports.
And adapted title a bit (more general as I expect this to be a systematic problem when restoring backups from ā€˜nemo devicesā€™ to ā€˜defaultuser devicesā€™ whereas your report is first (erm, second) time I read about it).

Perfect! This helped! Thank you!

Hi all :slight_smile:

@sunkan : many thanks for this tip, it helped me restoring the SD card backup file from the Xperia X to my brand new Xperia 10 II :slight_smile:

Cheers, Samuel

Always nice to hear that it has help others :slight_smile:

Did not want to file it into bug reports immediately as I did not know if it was due to something I had done to my previous phone. But as others have the same issue it sounds like it is some functionality missing to handle this case.