Xperia 10 phantom touch screen touches and swipes

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Xperia 10
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION:

I see this happening every day: Random touches and swipes are not recognized and happen somewhen later, like done by a phantom.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

hardware issue. had the same. or better have the same. bend ohone slightly or press it ion both ends,. you can also search in the forumand you will find hints like checking the cobnector of the display…

1 Like

have it too, on both devices. changed both, one even 2 times. Still, I guess all are broken.
I am sorry for Jolla that Sony (Foxconn to be precise) delivered faulty hardware for their choice.
Thats why I’d buy a X10 2 ASAP

I’ve made a similar observation of delayed reaction on user action:
On logging in to the phone from a laptop via ssh, sometimes it happens that the echo of keyboard inputs appear on the screen with a number of seconds delay.

Probably similar to the screen freeze often discussed on together like e.g.https://together.jolla.com/question/225481/xperia-10-plus-ds-random-freezes/

I’ve made calls to random contacts that way - annoying…

In my case the issue disappeared after battery replacement.
I carefully reassemled esp. the screen connector/plug.
And I found, that the battery plug cover wasn’t installed right so this little metal shield was likely pushing the screen from the back all the time.

So the issue is caused by the phone not being properly assemled and if one is willing to remove and reattach the screen it’s most likely mendable.

Cheers