Share (Copy) & Paste not working from AlienDalvik to SFOS

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.3
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION:

I want to Share-copy & paste stuff from Android apps to Sailfish ones. Unfortunately, using the Android Share-button in the Android share function doesn’t work.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Android app
  2. select text in Android app - e.g. taz newspaper app
  3. share > copy text with Android function
  4. Switch to Sfos app and try to paste

EXPECTED RESULT:

Text would be filled in in Sfos

ACTUAL RESULT:

Text is not filled into Sfos app

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Works fine for me. How did you copy the text exactly and where do you try to paste it?

1 Like

They’re kind of like different worlds - they don’t really interact with each other.

One workaround I’ve used is to have a file in Android home (/sdcard) that I can copy/paste into, and then access that file from SF filesystem, and copy/paste from it, etc… You could even symlink or something to make it easier.

Also, kdeConnect works between SF and Android, to a degree…

Oh, maybe works better than I thought. I haven’t used Aliendalvik for a while. It ised to be pretty spotty for me…

If you’re using Android keyboard, it won’t register in SF

Copying text from WhatsApp to Sailfish Notes and from Telegram to Sailfish Email works.
This is Xperia 10 II with 4.4.0.x (development).

1 Like

I wanted to use the share button e.g. in the taz newspaper app. WhatsApp was a false info, sorry.

Ah, ok. Yes, I can confirm that the Copy-Button in this Share-menu does not work.

Here’s a screenshot to show which “copy” is meant:

Could someone adapt the title and first post accordingly?

Is it better now? :slight_smile:
Edited title and body of my statement.

I tried to reproduce your bug, but I’m unable because I don’t have an account. Is there another application using the same share mechanism?

I found one! Newpipe use the same option.

1 Like

When using the share menu, except for the not working Copy button, sharing to Messages is useless, because you can’t select or change the recipient.

Thanks for the bug report @dexic, and for taking the trouble to reproduce it @pherjung.

I’ve created an internal bug report about it and marked it as tracked.

@pherjung: was it 4.4.0 that you reproduced it with (I’m guessing it was, but just double checking)?

Yes, I confirm it was on 4.4

1 Like