Community meeting on IRC 4th August 2022

Schedule: Thursday 2022-08-04T07:00:00Z   :world_map:   :date:

Topic proposals for the meeting:

• Add your name/nick using the template below to suggest a topic.
  • Indicate how much time you’ll need so we can time-box the meeting accordingly.
  • Please be as thorough as you can with your question/topic.
  • If you can’t make the meeting please ask and name a substitute.

It is expected that you show up and present your topic, or name a substitute and make sure they attend in your absence. These IRC meetings are for real time participation and live discussions, otherwise you can post the topic on here and get responses that way.

We need you to be present to clarify details in the topic, and to ensure the discussion is leading to the answers you are looking for! If you do not participate or your question/topic isn’t clear enough it will be postponed. Also: always ask for more time than you anticipate your topic needs!

Please have your topics ready at least 3 days before the meeting so we can prepare good answers. Topics announced afterwards will be postponed to the next meeting.

Template for topic proposal: (post your topic proposals as comments to this forum topic).

* Name/IRC nick:
* Topic:
* Some details about the topic:
* Approx. time needed:
* Substitute (optional):

Open Pull Requests:
If you have, or know of, a pull request that’s been open for at least 3 weeks, but which you think deserves attention, please add a comment using the template below and we’ll consider it during the next meeting.

* Name/IRC nick:
* Open PR URL:

1 Like

Apologies again for having to cancel last week’s meeting at the last minute. Let’s hope we have better luck with this one. I’ll move all of the topics proposed for the last meeting, and which we therefore haven’t yet discussed, to this one.

• Name/IRC nick: cquence
  • Topic: 5G support
  • Some details about the topic: I’d like to inquire about the plans to enable 5G connectivity in 10III. Are there any plans to enable 5G? If so any rough timeframes (1,2,3 releases away or similar) you can possibly share?
  • Approx. time needed: 3 min

In case I am not present in the meeting please just provide an answer, thank you

1 Like

Untracked bug reports

ID Comments Additional Information

Need some clarification (bug or feature request?)

ID Comments
12082 I’m not sure it’s a bug
12104 Feature request

Bug reports with missing tag

ID Missing Tag Comments
11067 Pending Update has not been correctly installed
11349 Fixed Fixing commit
5487 tracked Fixed after he paired once again (see comment #3 and #8)
927 tracked Comment
3149 Fixed See this comment
11112 Pending See this comment

Duplicates/To be closed

ID Duplicate/Close Reason
12096 Close User didn’t notice he wasn’t using the paid version
3585 Can be closed Problem is the same on Android
12063 Close Duplicate of 9761
9496 Close Duplicate of 4886. Related to 5717, 11187, 4872

Needs help to catch more log

On bug 10926, his SD card is invisible for the default (and hidden) file browser. What should modified to get more logs from native file browser?

This section could be used to complete the official documentation, specifically this page.

2 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: DrYak
  • Topic: OAuth2 support in Microsoft Exchange commercial plug-in
  • Some details about the topic: See here and there : Do we have a status update for the support of OAuth2 in the Microsoft Exchange? After Alien-Dalvik, getting support for my employer’s e-mail servers is the second most important reason for buying the licence to Sailfish X.
  • Approx. time needed: a couple of minutes (just a status update and eventually ETA).

I am not sure if I could make it to the live IRC, but I’ve been following the logs for the past couple of years.

3 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: attah
  • Topic: Future plans for SailJail
  • Some details about the topic:
    This springs from discussions about Storeman, but applies to all third-party apps:
  • Approx. time needed: 10 min
  • Substitute (optional): Not sure i’ll be able to make it (depends on work), and @olf stated he won’t be available unfortunately.
5 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: fridlmue
  • Topic: Harbor API progress (in special QtLocation)
  • Some details about the topic: There have always been some discussions about Harbour-allowed APIs in the past, recently also some changes. Also there has been a poll from Jolla some time ago (API Priority poll, take II). Can Jolla perhaps give a short update, if they are working actively on some of these points? (Of course those who have not been tackled yet.)
    My question originates from the need of implementing some relatively simple “map” view in a app showing some shapes in colors and the current position. I would love to have it Harbour-compliant and most native, but in case there will be no solution in the foreseeable time, I would need to tackle it by a leaflet in a web view or something like that (which I really don’t prefer…). Interaction with the app itself will then be another challenge. On the other hand, if there is something in the pipeline (like QtLocation), it would be a wast of effort and I would wait…
  • Approx. time needed: 10 min
  • Substitute (optional): I hope to make it in person.

Minutes: #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 4th August 2022
Minutes (text): https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2022/sailfishos-meeting.2022-08-04-07.00.txt
Log: #sailfishos-meeting log

Thank you to everyone who participated for another lively and interesting meeting today.

2 Likes