[Release notes] Finlayson 5.2.0.18 - Jolla Phone first

This update has been baking for a while now and it does have quite good set of fixes stacked up.

Probably most notably the audio problems on the older devices have been sorted out, and we are getting ready to publish 5.2 to all supported devices.
How ever we’ll start with the Jolla Phone, and expand to other devices just a bit later.

5.2.0.18 release highlights

Jolla Phone specific

Other device and Sailfish in general

Known issues

  • Android app covers on home screen still have issues, sometimes showing wrong content or garbage
  • Yahoo account integration is still broken, due to missing XOAuth2 support

Changelog

Full changelog from 5.2.0.17 to 5.2.0.18

How did the upgrade go?

  • I had no issues during the upgrade process
  • I had small issues, but was able to handle them
  • I got into serious trouble when upgrading my device (please help!)
  • I did not dare or want to update
0 voters

Version history of the Sailfish 5.2.0 releases

2026-09-30 5.2.0.18 Jolla Phone first
2026-08-18 5.2.0.17 Jolla Phone only
2026-07-29 5.2.0.16 Jolla Phone only
2026-07-20 5.2.0.15 Jolla Phone only
2026-06-16 5.1.0.11

All recent Sailfish OS release notes can be found here.

Help articles

The Sailfish OS help articles are available at Sailfish OS Documentation.

76 Likes

Wow - Boot time is now 4 seconds from enter LUKS-PIN to Lockscreen, impressive! Good Job!

15 Likes

Awesome, can’t wait until my Xperia 10 III receives the update. I haven’t been this excited for a SFOS update in a really long time!

7 Likes

It works! Thanks for this update.

2 Likes

Juicy release. Great job, will try in the coming days.
Eager to try the bluetooth fixes :smiley:

3 Likes

oh yeah nice I didnt notice until you mentioned it..cool.

Also, now the correct QML apps are opening (resolving the weird JB#64777 issue ).

Also GPS android apps seems to work now, at least the UI issue is now fixed as well

8 Likes

A-m-a-z-i-n-g! Just stunning work, thank you so much for this update! I’m able to send emails again form my Jolla phone :tada: And to connect my company email again, it stopped syncing a while back :slight_smile: So super happy a lot of huge life quality imrovements, like Teams audio! Don’t need to carry anymore second phone, for which I share internet from Jolla phone just to attend Teams meetings on the go :smiley:

Also had to test and QML app opening problem is gone! This triggered multiple times on day so what a relief :slight_smile: Have to test the Bluetooth fixes also, but A LOT of life quality improvements!

9 Likes

Sadly, the Yahoo account service is still broken in this release (it seems the fix from general mail hasn’t been applied to it yet).

1 Like

I am VERY KEEN if there are some improvements for the Sony 10V…

1 Like

At least the browser will get pump for still supported version :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Keto I tried to look, but it seems that you haven’t yet had time to mark all those handled bugs as solved. Would be great so people can easily see that they are indeed fixed :slight_smile:

I think it’s cleaner if users do that. He already linked them as fixed.

3 Likes

Well then I took the liberty to modify all of those reports, added “[Fixed]” to the title and “fixed” to the tag and posted link to this release to the comments that OPs can mark that as a solution if it didn’t have already :slight_smile:

1 Like

You guys have been too timid to call this a x.x.x.18.
So much good stuff it’s almost a 5.3 :heart: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Yep, it’s better if original reporter or someone else can verify that a bug is actually fixed, and update the posts accordingly. Slightly less work for us :slight_smile: and also in some cases the fixes maybe only partial, or we may have misunderstood the issue, and so on.

18 Likes

Thanks for the awesome update. I noticed that my top menue is set to default. E.g. Inari Blue switch is gone. Can anyone else confirm this?

4 Likes

Ah, now that you say it, makes full sense!

The Inari Blue toggle implementation changed, so it needs to be enabled again in top menu settings.

19 Likes

Update went fine, i only had to reinstall patchmanager to get it working again.

1 Like

Thanks Jolla! Update went ok here as well. Overall usage is smooth. Aurora store opened much faster. Need to test audio things later.

3 Likes