[Release notes] Finlayson 5.2.0.18 - Jolla Phone first

Nice work Keto and Team! Most of the problems I’ve encountered are fixed with this release, improving my overall experience by a lot.

8 Likes

Huge update for a seemingly minor release, thank you!

One small suggestion maybe.
The phone asked me to connect a charger because it had 42% battery. Most phones today shortened that percentage closer to 20% because most batteries today can hold a charge, and especially j2 in this case.

Not a dealbreaker, but maybe worth considering!

3 Likes

Oh yeah. AAS definitely feels more smooth. I can also watch up to 2160p video streams on YouTube (which I couldn’t before). What a nice update, I am very happy with it!

10 Likes

True, but I remember this decision was made when the Jolla C2 was released, and 20% on some Jolla C2 devices means: “Search for the next charger within the next few minutes.” I have no problem with this new rule because my JP26 performed the update right after I plugged in the USB-C charger, so I didn’t have to wait for it to charge.

1 Like

Spectacular work all around

I can actually watch videos in Grayjay now, it’s great!

Looking forward to the AAS lockscreen setup fix now :partying_face:

3 Likes

No issues with updating. Pretty much on-par with every update I did since I started using SFOS.

EDIT: Oh wow, Discord through AAS is hella smooth. Nice!

2 Likes

Updated but still had BT turn itself off again.

1 Like

Small issue: After Version Upgrade the Device didnt boot - Display stayed Black, also same result as i pressed the power key - i waited some time and pressed the power key for a Long time until the status LED went RED, then it booted successfully - no issues since then

1 Like

What I also noticed: After Upgrade the Status-LED Next to the Front Camera stayes on, Even if there are no new Events on Event Screen - it Turns Off if I Unlock Phone only and turns On again when I lock it

EDIT: Bug could be solved with turn Off the phone for 30 mins and start again.

Still at 5.2.0.17. J2 is closed off because I can not charge it. Battery has just 20% charge now after unsuccessfull charging tests.

Thank you for staying on topic.

Bohahaa :laughing: I love this wording.. “garbage”

What a juicy surprise! :partying_face:
Many nice fixes and small updates!
Didn’t expect that call volumes would have been fixed this fast :racing_car:

Have to try the BT if my car and phone can now speak civilized together :upside_down_face:

Thank you for the new update :dizzy:

3 Likes

Fernschreiber doesn’t launch for me. :confused:

Otherwise update went fine! :slight_smile:

library "libselinux.so" not found
Could not open module param file '/sys/module/mali_kbase/parameters/large_page_conf'
[  540.319393] (harbour-fernsch) [MEMPROF] Memory instrumentation via debugfs enabled
[ 3][t 4][1790785901.622489452][Td1.cpp:220][#1][!MultiTd]      Create Td with layer 166, database version 14 and version 51
on 4 threads
[ 3][t 4][1790785901.622611999][Td15.cpp:259][#1][!Td][&td_requests]    Sending update: updateOption {
name = "version"
value = optionValueString {
value = "1.8.21"
}
}
[ 3][t 4][1790785901.622648477][Td15.cpp:259][#1][!Td][&td_requests]    Sending update: updateOption {
name = "commit_hash"
value = optionValueString {
value = "ec788c7505c4f2b31b59743d2f4f97d6fdcba451"
}
}
[ 3][t 4][1790785901.622684955][Td15.cpp:259][#1][!Td][&td_requests]    Sending update: updateAuthorizationState {
authorization_state = authorizationStateWaitTdlibParameters {
}
}
[ 3][t 0][1790785901.812816381][Client.cpp:280][&td_requests]   Begin to wait for updates with timeout 5.000000
[ 3][t 0][1790785901.813223838][Client.cpp:293][&td_requests]   End to wait for updates, returning object 0 0x7a88001bf0
[ 3][t 4][1790785901.835403680][Td27.cpp:308][#1][!Td][&td_requests]    Receive request 1: setLogVerbosityLevel {
new_verbosity_level = 2
}
[ 0][t 4][1790785902.402419805][LogEvent.h:153][#1][!Td][&version() < static_cast<int32>(Version::Next)]        Wrong version
61

EDIT: reinstalling the (experimental!) rpm of harbour-fernschreiber-0.19-1.aarch64.rpm fixed that.

After downloading and reboot the phone stayed black. Hitting the power button revealed the numeric pad to enter security code and the update continued smoothly.

3 Likes

Thank you for a great update. Everything went smooth. I still miss the :peace_symbol: icon on the emoji keyboard and there still is no fruit when booting the phone up. Otherwise I am happy.

Somebody already tried Here Wego? I am so happy with Pure Maps, I don’t bother.

0.1.8 works here. Retry it?

2 Likes

Afyer update Can pair a BT keyboard now successfully. ( and use it) :slight_smile: Keyboard in question fuj:tech bt 5.0 tkl. ( basically ultra cheap generic one )

2 Likes

works here too. 0.18 version

Thank you. I just paired my Samsung Trio 500 successfully. Great.

Update went smoothly. But a few minutes ago, I put my phone on a table only to find out that it had chrashed with red led flashing… That’s a first since August.

1 Like