Community meeting on IRC 28th September 2023

Schedule: Thursday 2023-09-28T07:00:00Z   :world_map:   :date:

Topic proposals for the meeting:

• Add your name/nick using the template below to suggest a topic.
  • Indicate how much time you’ll need so we can time-box the meeting accordingly.
  • Please be as thorough as you can with your question/topic.
  • If you can’t make the meeting please ask and name a substitute.

It is expected that you show up and present your topic, or name a substitute and make sure they attend in your absence. These IRC meetings are for real time participation and live discussions, otherwise you can post the topic on here and get responses that way.

We need you to be present to clarify details in the topic, and to ensure the discussion is leading to the answers you are looking for! If you do not participate or your question/topic isn’t clear enough it will be postponed. Also: always ask for more time than you anticipate your topic needs!

Please have your topics ready at least 3 days before the meeting so we can prepare good answers. Topics announced afterwards will be postponed to the next meeting.

Template for topic proposal: (post your topic proposals as comments to this forum topic).

* Name/IRC nick:
* Topic:
* Some details about the topic:
* Approx. time needed:
* Substitute (optional):

Open Pull Requests:
If you have, or know of, a pull request that’s been open for at least 3 weeks, but which you think deserves attention, please add a comment using the template below and we’ll consider it during the next meeting.

* Name/IRC nick:
* Open PR URL:

3 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: thigg
  • Topic: Notification popups in lipstick
  • Some details about the topic: Sometimes (especially when using android apps) notifications are hiding other ui elements (forum: Notifications hiding buttons).
    My idea to handle this was to mute notifications for some time (30s) if the notification is swiped to the left. After 30s a notification is shown that notifications are enabled again and the notifications from the queue are shown.
    This looks quite simple to implement at https://github.com/nemomobile-ux/lipstick/blob/e6e336f4c7e190f8c24802cc1337efa39be7bf93/src/notifications/notificationpreviewpresenter.cpp#L88 by returning early if the current time is <= the time in a muted_until value and patching the notification popup Notifications hiding buttons - #6 by thigg . When the notifications are muted, a timer is started which fires a “notifications enabled” notification after the mute period and this would trigger the appearance of all other notifications. And probably a dbus interface for lipstick to set muted_until from the popup.
    Because modifications to lipstick are hard (impossible?) to deliver to users, collaboration with jolla would be helpful. At least the dbus- interface to set muted_until would have to be done by jolla.
    I’d like to discuss the problem, this proposed workaround and if jolla is willing to collaborate on this (or even do it on their own)
  • Approx. time needed: 10
  • Substitute (optional): Please discuss without me if I can’t make it. (not unlikely)

Sorry for the long question. let me know if this is not good for a community meeting.

4 Likes

Untracked bug reports

ID Comments Additional Information

15494:

• Download an audio with NewPipe ;
  • Open jolla-music ;
  • Check if the file is listed by jolla-music ;
  • Open a terminal ;
  • Rename the file. It’s usually located at ~/android_storage/Music ;
  • Check jolla-music (which hasn’t be closed) ;
  • File is not renamed
1 Like
  • Name/IRC nick: @poetaster
  • Topic: Guidance about maintaining an HADK-faq wiki page
  • Some details about the topic: In the main, a number of porters have mentioned the difficulty in working on the HADK docs. And ad-hoc etherpad is the present hacking approach. To get the more structured I created HADK | SailfishOS community wiki This contains a dump of the etherpad and a first transfer of the faq PDF to a wiki page. This is far from ideal. Is source for the pdf available or is it a classic ‘word like’ document?
  • Approx. time needed: 5 minutes.
  • Substitute (optional): no one wants to do docs. Me neither.
1 Like

Minutes: #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 28th Sep 2023
Minutes (text): https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2023/sailfishos-meeting.2023-09-28-07.00.txt
Log: #sailfishos-meeting log

4 Likes

I will open the issue. Thanks for discussing it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Opened this issue: pausing notifications · Issue #73 · nemomobile-ux/lipstick · GitHub

2 Likes

Sadly the IRC Kiwi client seemed to be banned from Oftc.net - hmmm annoying.