[4.5.0.19] Birthdays defined in Contacts from before 4.5 update are not displayed as "All day" event

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.5
HARDWARE: XA2 Plus
UI LANGUAGE: english
REGRESSION: do not know - i first noticed the problem after the update to 4.5 - possible that the problem existed also in ealier versions.

DESCRIPTION:

After the 4.5 update i noticed that the birthdays in the events view are not displayed as “All day” events, but always with a time 00:00 - which is annoying, since when i get up at 6 in the morining the event is no longer displayed and i may miss the birthday. When i add a birthday to an already existing contact - the birthday is displayed properly as “All day” event. See screenshot: the friday birthday was newly created, the Monday birthday was created by me a long time ago (pre 4.5 and 4.4, and maybe even older) - if i view the event in the calendar it is displayed as seen in the second screenshot.

PRECONDITIONS:

I assume that the problem was introduced with the 4.5 update, maybe is already in the 4.4 update, but i did not notice it there.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. create a contact with birthday in 4.4 and update to 4.5
  2. wait for the birthday to be displayed in the events view

EXPECTED RESULT:

Birthday is always displayed as “All day” event in the events view.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Birthday is display with time “00:00” in the events view.

If you need more information about the contact -tell me.

MODIFICATIONS:

None

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

birthday_bug
birthday_bug2

1 Like

It is definitely a regression compared to SFOS 3.4. So at least we have a lower line…

Maybe this happened when i switches devices - i switch from the Jolla Device to the XA2 Plus by importing the backup (created the default way), but i am not sure. Device switched happened years ago, but i haven’t touched (edited) the contacts since.

1 Like

Cannot reproduce, except when having contacts synced via an external source. I had this with exchange sync, but had some issues with gmail also. I do not recall what the specific issue was, but I simply stopped syncing contacts with exchange and haven’t had the issue since.

I didn’t use any kind of syncing though, and it still happened after I upgraded my phone to the latest version of Sailfish. So I’m not sure if it is connected to syncing…