[release notes] Koli 4.0.1

It is possible to change this message into another one. But to do so you have to change a system file with a hex-editor. It’s a little bit tricky but I brought it to work with the help of the community.

Please have a look at the thread

Disable message on unplugging the charger

in the ‘general’ category

2 Likes

I think it is for things like “Energy Star” markings and their European counterparts.
I wouldn’t be surprised if there are EU recommendations or regulations for that text and national regulations, also in many countries the fire department (government) also recommends always unplugging the charger when not charging as a safety measure.
It wouldn’t surprise me if it also is better for legal reasons since there are a country where you can sue a manufacture for everything (even your own stupidity) so it’s better to have the text.
Nokia had a text like that for as long as i remember and i think other manufactures got them as well.

1 Like

Am I really the only one having issues while using predictive text from Jolla?

3 Likes

Didn’t manually stopping and restarting android support fix dynamic orientation for you as it did for me?

No you’re not, just wanted to spend more time on investigation for a precise bug report. It started for me on 4.0.1.45 already.

1 Like

The text prediction scrolls on my device with in both native Apps as well as in Android apps using 4.0.1.48.

Dynamic orientation for Android apps is broken on my XA2 with 4.0.1.48, but works on my Xperia X with 4.0.1.45. I’ve tried rebooting and restarting the Android service, tried forcing landscape mode, but nothing is working.

Any other ideas? Is there already a bug report on this?

Edit: I had reset my XA2 in order to enable encryption, and for some reason the default setting in AD Android was to lock the orientation. To fix it, I found a way to change the setting by going to Settings -> Android App Support -> Show Licenses, and then I could press the back button in upper left to finally get to Display and enable ‘Auto rotate screen.’

@jovirkku Thank you for the explanation. It is rather confusing when the software says it needs 500mb when it seems that the download size from 4.0.1.45 to 4.0.1.48 is only around 30 MB.

Despite the software telling me that there was insufficient memory it seems that the update took place (whether as part of a reboot (without the usual update routine) or not) but I now seem to be on 4.0.1.48

I still only have 276.3 Mb of System Data available on my XA2 so I hope that I don’t need to risk enlarging the root partition to install another update.

Upgraded to 4.0.1.48, but still the issue with Bluetooth dying every time BT has been switched off, or the device has been in airplane mode (needs restart to restore).

Regarding the terminal issue; the commands typed in the app don’t save in history, but commands entered over SSH do appear in the app’s history.

Regarding the charger messages; I am fine with the unplugging -message, but I am not fond of the message “! Unlock device first” everytime I plug in the USB cable to charge. It kinda leaves one wondering does it charge or do I really need to unlock first. I have set USB -> Charging only, so I feel it really should not ask to unlock, if it’s only going to charge.

5 Likes

Hello
Not a solution, but better than restarting, have you tried in terminal
devel-su systemctl restart bluetooth.service
?

Continuing the discussion from [release notes] Koli 4.0.1:

Thanks, now is working again

I’d suggest installing Sailfish Utilities from the Jolla Store and adding the shortcut to your Top menu. It’s a very helpful addition when the OS has one of those moments.

2 Likes

As @Garak told there seems to be something wrong with Android side cellular data. While Whatsapp runs OK, Signal does not. Today Signal could not send or receive anything while Wlan was off or on+unavailable and Cellular on.

With Sailfish utilities I restarted network subsystems, which did not help. Then I restarted UI which closes also all applications. After that Signal started working.

Phone: Sony XA2 single SIM. Sailfish version: 4.0.1.48.

That’s a good tip, I do this on my notebook and it helps. Is there a way to have a button do this instead of going through the terminal? Is the network restart from the Sailfish utilities mentioned above also doing a Bluetooth restart?

you will see it on the phone indicators utilities do also restart bluetooth

1 Like

There can be something like that, possibly maybe… But my work-iphone is not saying anything at all when I unplug it - only thing that happens is that charge symbol disappears (iphone 7, program v. 14.3).

My BT headset(soundcore Q10) works now with all buttons, which it didn’t before so a huge thanks for that!

Now I did the update from 45 to 48 on my XA2 dual sim. All went fine, and luckily I don’t have problems mit dynamic orientation and fulscreen video play in chrome-based browsers. The dynamic orientation though seem to stuck after using a while, then re-starting start screen etc. or android support helps.

But it’s wise to not ignore warnings related to 2 libraries before updating as described here: IS IT safe to install 4.0.1.48.

Also, having newest aliendalvik-control and avoiding issues with apps installed via storemen should be considered.

Hi, thanks, couldn’t find the command for that earlier.

Now that I tried; nope, doesn’t help. If I do devel-su systemctl status bluetooth.service I got that it’s running, but also this:

helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: bluetoothd[2196]: Unknown key Channels for group GATT in /etc/bluetooth/main.
conf
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Unknown key PairableTimeout for group General in /etc
/bluetooth/main.conf
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Unknown key Channels for group GATT in /etc/bluetooth
/main.conf
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: bluetoothd[2196]: Starting SDP server
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Starting SDP server
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: bluetoothd[2196]: Failed to open RFKILL control device
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Failed to open RFKILL control device
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: bluetoothd[2196]: Bluetooth management interface 1.3 initialized
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Bluetooth management interface 1.3 initialized

On another attempt:
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: Failed to set mode: Failed (0x03)
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: bluetoothd[761]: Failed to set mode: Failed (0x03)
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: bluetoothd[761]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPS
ource
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: bluetoothd[761]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPS
ink
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink
Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

Xperia X and Gemini successfully updated. I haven’t tested everything yet, but all the main features I use work fine. Thanks for the Slovak. :+1: :boom: