[4.2.0.19][4.1.0.23][4.0.1.48] Text prediction suggestions does not scroll

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): Always
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia X
UI LANGUAGE:English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:When writing an SMS or any text with prediction activated, the words suggested is limited to the current width of the screen. It does not scroll further to offer more words.

PRECONDITIONS:None to my knowledge

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Write new SMS
  2. Start writing and suggestions will appear
  3. Try scrolling to see more words offered

EXPECTED RESULT: The word suggestions bar should scroll and offer more words

ACTUAL RESULT: The suggestions bar scrolls a little bit but stops short of one half word. The whole keyboard scrolls by the way a pixel in the same direction which is strange.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

14 Likes

Check on Notes:

• typed in: dino
  • it scrolls, but…
  • “dinosaur” and “Dion” get suggested and highlighted but tapping on it does nothing.
  • lock screen, unlock screen, go to editing mode,
  • highlightening is cleared,
  • scrolling starts to highlight stuff,
  • tapping on a highlighted suggestions un-highlighted and makes it selectable…

Looks random…
SMS app seems to also behave that way…

6 Likes

It happens on my XA2+ on Android Apps (WhatsApp, Signal etc) as well.

Same here…XA2, 4.0.1.45

I can confirm it happens also on an Xperia 10 with 4.0.1.45.

Here is a screenshot from the Notes app. Quite stange operation. You can select many words but the word “Dog” I wrote cannot be replaced! I am having Xperia X.
Näyttökuva_20210214_001|281x500

2 Likes

I was able to reproduce it, by enabling another keyboard layout. I then have the error with every keyboard language. Disabling all but one keyboard makes the problem go away.

4 Likes

Yes same issue here.
XA2, 4.0.1.18.

Same for me, Xperia XA2 4.0.1.48

can confirm for 4.0.1.48 on XA2. Tested with the notes app

I’m rather disappointed that 4.0.1 didn’t fix this issue and all the other small one that were introduces with 4.0.1.45. Instead a very unfinished version was released to the public. Let’s wait for some months for the next update and hope that some or hopefully most of those issues are resolved. I’m rather skeptical, though.

2 Likes

There appear to be many mini-bugs (scrolling of text predictions, small bug in Android support etc.) that should be fixed with an intermediate release, i.e. not in months but within weeks (that’s what I hope, at least, although it would be a novel approach)

2 Likes

In my xperia x, I have problems with the horizontal prediction list, but the vertical prediction list in the landscape keyboard works without problems.

2 Likes

I can say that this does occur in SailfishOS 4.0.1.48. I found that when having something in the clipboard, the problem seems worse. When attempting the horizontal scrolling of the predicted text, it highlights the options as if you were still holding down on them. The bar seems to move slightly, but other than that, there is no visible change.

Still broken in EA 4.1.0.23 (checked in SMS app).

3 Likes

Could more users affected by this bug please report here to get Jolla’s attention? This issue is not tracked for the moment. I can understand this is not a critical issue. I could reproduce this on an XA2 and 10.

1 Like

Still happening for me after the update to 4.1.0.23

2 Likes

I still get this on 4.1(XA2). But worse! it kind of gets stuck then wouldn’t be able to select any word, until adding a letter or so

3 Likes

Confirm, same issue (test in Mattermost)

1 Like

4.1.0.24 - bug steel here (

2 Likes