(don’t confuse this with Redmi Note 10, Xiaomi Mi 10 or Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite!)
Just wanted to draw your attention, if you’re looking for a new device, that I have been working on a port for Xiaomi Mi Note 10 (tucana) in the last months.
It is not final (not everything works) but I already use it as a daily driver.
Reasons for picking this up: OLED screen, 1/1.33" main camera sensor, hardware support for double-tap to wake, unlockable bootloader, LineageOS 17.1 unofficial port exist.
Here’s my take on the hardware.
- The device is fairly large (matches the XA2 Plus) and very slippery.
- It has a larger battery than the other two - I usually get two days (~36-40 hours) out of it and I haven’t yet use any optimization techniques
- The OLED display is gorgeous, but ‘notched’ - I made a patch for this.
- Main camera takes very good photos - sometimes it is slightly out of focus.
- It sometimes stays warm (not hot). Usually it’s the browser, Internet sharing or a GPS app left running, sometimes it’s lipstick itself - for which
elros34has a patch.
- Display, touchscreen, double-tap to wake
- GSM calls, 3G/LTE data, Wifi, internet sharing
- Sound, recording
- Light sensor, compass, GPS, accelerometer. flashlight
- Camera (photos only). Access to wide and one of the tele through Advanced Camera
Needs more work:
- video recording
- proximity sensor (it’s an ultrasound one, I can enable it with android audio services but I lose microphone in calls…)
- infrared sensor - /dev/lirc0 permissions
- USB MTP and usb ssh access
- FM Radio
- Qt haptics (only non-Qt: calls, alarms, menus are working through
- fingerprint sensor
This “prerelease” is available on https://github.com/sailfishos-on-tucana/Readme/releases/tag/220.127.116.11-prerelease
Issues logged here.
I can expand the flashing instructions based on feedback.
Thanks to all the kind folks on #sailfishos-porters, incl.