REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): Always
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 18.104.22.168
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia X
UI LANGUAGE: Swedish
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes
I experience higher power consumption since updating from 4.0. There have been reports connecting this to WLAN use, but that is not the issue here, as far as I can tell.
I have tested as below to see if I can find a culprit app, to no avail. It looks more as an OS problem.
Please advice if there is anything more I should test.
In order to provide consistent data, I have
- Charged to 80%
- Switched off all radios (mobile, WLAN, BT) and GPS
- Powered off the device
- Powered on the device
- Setup as above
- Start zero or more apps
- Show home screen
- Leave device idle for 10+ hours
A drop in battery around 0.3%/h with four apps idle. Several days of light device use on a charge.
Apps running Discharge ----------------- ------------- None <0.2%/h Settings 0.4%/h Calendar 0.4%/h Four apps >1.4%/h
The four apps were Settings, Calendar, Situations and Pure Maps.
- Under Koli 4.0.1 with these four apps “running” (i.e. idle), I could expect about the same discharge rate as Kvarken 22.214.171.124 shows with no apps at all.
- It seems more power is consumed when I actually use the apps, in comparison with Koli 4.0.1, but that is hard to measure. I get 0.5-2 days of use from a charge now.
- It seems apps are slower to start and more sluggish to use, in comparison with Koli 4.0.1, which also hard to measure.
(But please note that my testing is with WLAN off.)