[release notes] Kvarken 4.1.0

What’s this nonsense now? I flashed 4.1.0.24 onto my Xperia 10 II. I don’t think I was asked if I want encryption (I don’t), but it was forced on me in the initialization, and now (compared to my XA 2 with 4.1.0.24 installed) in the Settings - System I’m missing the options to “Reset device” and under “Device lock” to (not use) “User security code (Unlock the device using a security code)”

Is it an unoptional feature on Xperia 10 II that you can’t opt out of having LUKS 1 Encryption and using Security code?

re the encryption part, it’s been “mandatory” for a while now, for new SFOS installs.
can’t remember exactly since which version, maybe 3.3?

[edit] yes indeed since Rokua - [release notes] 3.3.0 Rokua - together.jolla.com

3 Likes

Thanks, @cartron

And dang it. Looks like I have to get used to it then.

Reset device is not possible since there’s no recovery partition on the Xperia10 II. The workaround is to flash it anew.

2 Likes

Is it possible to make a recovery partition on the SD card?

I have problems with higher power drain on an Xperia X, too, and have reported that here:

1 Like

Another bug: call history never loads. Together with the lack of notifications for missed calls (which is an issue ever since new notification design was introduced) it’s impossible to find out if somebody have called.

It’ the same with XA2 Plus Dualsim (connected with one sim).

Dear all,

Now that the localization round for SFOS 4.2.0 has started, do you know whether the release notes for the next version are already available, even in WIP form ?

Best regards,

Samuel

1 Like

the release notes are only published once the EA releases are there.

3 Likes

Perhaps a bit late, but I wanted to get a new license with a discount too on my existing account, but I don’t see the discount when logging in in the store. Is the period over?

It’s over, again afaik. I paid the full price about a week ago.

Yes, indeed it is. I contacted support and they said it was only till mid-June.

Thought the maintainer retired that, but I’ll check again. thanks

Does somebody else has problems with Signal and photos ? They aren’t found by Signal.

1 Like

Happens to me as well. Signal doesn’t have access to pictures on Sailfish neither I can share any media from WhatsApp to Signal and vice versa.

I thought it is a feature that Android apps can’t access photos and other content from the Sailfish side? They all seem to have access to the common Pictures etc. folders under the Android side, like they are confined to operate only inside the android_storage folder and the sandboxed “Android operating system”.

Files are found, but not shown (black rectangular). Works with Whatsapp.

And has worked previously.

I wanted to set DuckDuckGo as the default search engine in the Browser, but found no obvious way. The one way that did work is this: Add more search engines to the web browser [closed] - together.jolla.com. It’s very easy, but it requires the terminal and devel-su.

In the browser - press the menu button in the bottom right corner - press Settings - search with (rough translation), and DuckDuckGo is like number 6 on the list.

2 Likes