[Wiki] Situations app issues

Following up on the information shared here (please read), this post is a Wiki intended to collect shortcomings and issues with the current release of the popular Situations application.

Please keep the contents of this to bugs, issues, and regressions, and not feature requests or questions.

Installation

• likely due to sandboxing, the app can not find its configuration (as it’s in the old path) and starts up empty/default config. Disabling Sandboxing in the .desktop file fixes this.

Running the app

• sonar installation sometimes not detected properly (Installation of Sonar is requested each time, although it is installed/running) Reported here
  • in some cases starting the app/UI takes a very long time. This is with Sandboxing disabled. My configuration includes quite some GSM cells and wifi networks to check, and it seems related to that. long startup times are more frequent when “at home”, i.e. wifi on, Mobile Network 2G only and off. When “not at home” with Mobile Network on long startup time seems to happen more rarely.

In-app functionality

Starting app via terminal produces warnings on Xperia 10 III

Starting Situations als defaultuser per harbour-situations2application,
there are several warnings on a Xperia 10 III (Sailfish OS 4.5.0.19 (Struven ketju), Kernel: 4.19.248 aarch64):

[defaultuser@Xperia10III ~]$ harbour-situations2application
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
library "libutils.so" not found
library "libcutils.so" not found
library "libhardware.so" not found
library "android.hardware.graphics.mapper@2.0.so" not found
library "android.hardware.graphics.mapper@2.1.so" not found
library "android.hardware.graphics.mapper@3.0.so" not found
library "android.hardware.graphics.mapper@4.0.so" not found
library "libc++.so" not found
library "libhidlbase.so" not found
library "libgralloctypes.so" not found
library "android.hardware.graphics.common@1.2.so" not found
library "libion.so" not found
library "libz.so" not found
library "libhidlmemory.so" not found
library "android.hidl.memory@1.0.so" not found
library "vendor.qti.qspmhal@1.0.so" not found
QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

The author pastillilabs can’t confirm that on a Xperia 10 II, which can be read → github..

6 Likes

Another issue I have noticed is that Wifi Pro plugin got much less reliable, I think since SFOS 4.5. It often stops looking for WiFi networks, so changing situation if I am in a vincity of a WiFi network often doesn’t work. If I disable and reenable WiFi it starts working immediately