List of Android -> Sailfish OS applications

As I wrote, I’m back in the boat (:tada:) and since I’m coming from a libre Android (F-Droid apps only) I wrote this list where I map each to them to their Sailfish OS counterpart and I’m sharing it here as it might be useful for the newcomers.

• AntennaPod (podcast app) → PodQast
  • AsteroidOS (AsteroidOS sync) → Starfish
  • Connectbot (ssh client) → built-in (Terminal)
  • Conversation (xmpp client) → built-in (Messaging)
  • Davx5 (caldav/cardav) → built-in (Account)
  • DroidShows (TV series) → SeriesFinale
  • Element (Matrix client) → Determinant
  • Fedilab (Mastodon client) → Tooter
  • ForkHub (GitHub client) → SailHub
  • FOSS Browser → built-in (Browser)
  • FreeOTP → SailOTP
  • Glider (hacker news reader) → SailHN
  • K-9 Mail → built-in (Mail)
  • KDE Connect (KDE sync) → SailfishConnect
  • Keepassx (password manager) → ownKeepass
  • MasterPassword (password manager) → MPW
  • MuPDF (PDF reader) → built-in (Documents)
  • Newpipe (YouTube client) → YTPlayer
  • Nextcloud (Nextcloud files) → GhostCloud
  • Notes (Nextcloud notes) → Nextcloud Notes
  • OCReader (Nextcloud RSS) → Fuoten
  • OsmAnd~ (Maps) → PureMaps
  • Printing (built-in) → SeaPrint
  • QuickDic (dictionary) → Sidudict
  • RedMoon (screen color temperature) → Tint Overlay
  • RedReader (Reddit client) → Quickddit
  • Signal → Whisperfish
  • Syncthing (files sync) → there’s the binary, no UI
  • Transdroid (Trasmission client) → Tremotesf
  • Vinyl (music player) → built-in (Mediaplayer, Unplayer)
  • VLC (NFS streaming) → videoPlayer
  • WireGuard (VPN) → there’s the binary, no UI
  • YetAnotherCallBlocker (call blocker) → Phonehook
16 Likes

Might be worth indicating “(proprietary)” on proprietary Jolla software like Messages, Settings, Mail and Media so people wanting to use only free components, or at least as many as possible, won’t think these are all fully free.

A better alternative to Jolla’s Media application is Unplayer. It has many more features, is much faster for larger libraries, and it’s free.

Also, Syncthing is easiest to use from the local web interface (which is automatically started when you run the binary), you can just create a bookmark for it in the browser and then add that bookmark to your launcher, and you’ll be able to Sync your things very easily.

A better alternative to Jolla’s Media application is Unplayer . It has many more features, is much faster for larger libraries, and it’s free.

Great! Thanks

Also, Syncthing is easiest to use from the local web interface (which is automatically started when you run the binary), you can just create a bookmark for it in the browser and then add that bookmark to your launcher, and you’ll be able to Sync your things very easily.

I read somewhere that the browser experience is really bad. Maybe the situation improved with latest Browser update? However… I prefer native clients more and I already started to write one for Syncthing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! Would be nice to expand this list…

I’ve been pointed to awesome-SailfishOS and equivalentsinsailfish. It would be great if someone could expand those lists.

1 Like

Very interested in the Matric client (Determinant), but it isn’t in the jolla store.
Is this an app that is found only in openrepos, and might it migrate to the jolla store?

I cannot edit anymore that list, so I’ll update it here instead:

I moved to Sidudict from the Jolla Store.

Clutch doesn’t what Transdroid does. I moved to Tremotesf instead.

That is really bad with this forum!

Please ping @vige and let him turn your first post to a wiki post (if you are okay that everyone could then edit it).

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea to me. @ilpianista shall we do it?

1 Like

Yes, please! Thank you