List of Android -> Sailfish OS applications

That is really bad with this forum!

Please ping @vige and let him turn your first post to a wiki post (if you are okay that everyone could then edit it).

2 Likes

Sounds like a good idea to me. @ilpianista shall we do it?

2 Likes

Yes, please! Thank you

1 Like

Very interested in the Matric client (Determinant), but it isn’t in the jolla store.
Is this an app that is found only in openrepos, and might it migrate to the jolla store?

Determinant is currently only available from OpenRepos: Determinant | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System Upload to Jolla Store is not planned in near future, because many important features are still missing.

1 Like

Due to this bug in SailOTP, I suggest to use FoilAuth instead.

2 Likes

I recently changed from a Xperia X (F5121) to a XA2, both with SFOS 4.3, and I noticed that some androids apps worked in one smartphone, but don’t in another.
For exemple, the Uber android app work well in my xperia X, but dont work on the XA2. On the other hand, uber.com work in firefox in XA2, but don’t in X.
So, for situations like that, I imagined a list, were we could add what android app is working in what version system, or hardware.
I think that it wold be usefull for non-tech guys, like me. We have some like this in this forum? What do you think about it?

if this topic is still valid… I published SearchNemo and QuickLaunch in chum.

SearchNemo is to search files in your device (can launch applications) it’s not mine
QuickLaunch is an app to search and launch applications. (this one is mine)

2 Likes

Might as well add mine, so Bitwarden → BitSailor.

gPodder is also available on SFOS, which you prefer is up to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added some suggestions from this thread:

Antennapod,…->kasts from chum

Was about to add that, but didn’t find it in chum-gui :frowning: Also, I couldn’t find chum on the web, is there any way to link to an app/package there from the forum?

Added “app store” apps: Jolla, Storeman, Chum

that one doesn’t work unfortunately

1 Like

You need to use the upper pulley and select display all applications. Appearantly it is still marked as a library

edit: make me an application · Issue #1 · sailfishos-chum/kasts · GitHub created an issue

1 Like

Added kasts as antennapod, hydrogen as element and rclone as nextcloud alternative. Maybe we should split this a bit in sections…

1 Like

Made a note about this in the op/wiki.

edit: changed random pile of words into a sentence

Halfway done, left some unassorted apps at the top. Also added some links to docs for built-in apps.

2 Likes

Added a table of contents

2 Likes