Jolla C2 Community Phone deliveries

I get that, but I’m quite certain that’s not what the majority would want and Jolla can’t just divert their limited resources to suit a tiny minority at the cost of delaying the project for everyone else.
You can try installing all the spyware you need yourself and people on this forum may even try to help, but it should never be the default.

5 Likes

I would like to say that there are always alternatives available. If the bank has forced you to use their Android app, ask them to provide you with web access for online banking; otherwise, consider switching to another bank. Its very easy.

2 Likes

Like the app support option, Jolla could add MigroG as selectable / installable at start up.

1 Like

I live in Czech Republic if something is needed :wink:

2 Likes

Why would someone who uses Google Wallet via NFC ever care about a privacy-focused mobile operating system? SCNR.

6 Likes

If I am not mistaken, NFC doesn’t work under AppSupport anyway. If this is correct, microG or any Google service wouldn’t help in that case.

3 Likes

So theres a need for an OpenBank or something similar. I’m wondering why no one come up with this idea.

1 Like

If one does banking via desktop + browser, the Android app is needed for the mandatory 2FA authorisation to login and confirm orders. This 2FA app should work without G**gle, mine does. A full featured banking client on the cellphone should be avoided generally for safety reasons, no matter what OS. For safety reasons it should be 2 physically devices one have to own for real 2FA auth, not 2 apps on the same device.

1 Like

Photo-Tan for the win

2 Likes

Unfortunately we’re not delivering to China or are you considering roaming testing from Europe.

1 Like

Germany looks indeed very good. I’ll let you know if we need more.

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Xperia 1 IV, 5 IV and 10 IV support

I can test Telenor in Denmark.

1 Like

Hi, i can test in France if still needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t you think the discussion about Xperia 10 V would better fit into one of the Xperia 10 V-threads?

6 Likes

Let’s remember to stay on the topic so Jolla C2 Community Phone deliveries. Thank you!

6 Likes

It’s time for a delivery update - which we’ll try to provide weekly for the time being :crossed_fingers:

Next week we are preparing the mass production flashing line for C2 together with our manufacturing partner Reeder in Turkey. The actual mass production is booked to the end of the month, between Sept 24-30 for now, deliveries starting then a week from that in batches from our shipment provider partner in the EU.

Related, at the end of September, we are planning participate to the Prague Hackathon organized by pherjung et al. If you’re planning to participate and you have pre-ordered Jolla C2 Community Phone, please let us know. We’ll try to get as many as possible units with us to the event so that those present could receive their C2 there on spot. Please understand this is our sincere target and unexpected hiccups may come on the way!

As noted in previous posts, getting 4G calling (VoLTE) has been challenging and still needs special efforts to make it shippable in the final SW release. To help with the C2 VoLTE testing in various countries we also reached out to you, the Sailfish community, and we got a great amount of volunteers willing to help - big thanks to all who joined! We now have the sufficient amount of helping hands in a good number of target countries so we can close the enrolling for the time being, and move on to the execution.

In parallel, we want to move forward in delivering the C2’s to you and thus we’ve decided that we may ship the first batch even without 4G call support (VoLTE). The 4G call support would be then delivered as an Over-The-Air update once we get it properly field tested and integrated to the distributable SW release.

Many of you have been asking about the final payment link. As noted in our previous updates, we wanted to first build visibility to the final delivery schedule before we start to collect the final payments. The plan is now clear, as outlined above, and we’ll start gradually sending links in coming days for the final payment on first come first served basis from the pre-order list.

Some of you have also pre-ordered the community edition of Jolla Mind2 AI Computer. There is a dedicated forum thread for the development status and progress of Mind2 project and we’ll be posting a separate update next week on Mind2 matters - stay tuned for that!

Thank you for your support!

54 Likes

(Im)patiently waiting… :wink:

Awesome news. My wallet is ready for some C2 goodness.

It’s okay, I’ll ask my friend to bring it back to China.

4 Likes