Jolla C2 Community Phone: your feedback is needed!

I guess Jolla got burned enough with tablets.
Sure, tablet from Reeder will be a different story, but just imagine news headlines!

“The company that is known for Indiegogo tablet hoax is doing it again”

I guess this is not what reborn Jolla needs right now

2 Likes

I opened a thread in ‘Platform Development’

4 Likes

Well, at some point they have to start fixing the interaction UX/UI issues. And redesign a big portion of it cause it looks dated.

But as it seems jolla has other priorities.

1 Like

Hello,
When Jolla C2 will be ready to order and shiped?
Regards,
Trevormacro

1 Like

According to Jolla, soon.

I hope not, are they really ‘known for failed tablet campaign’ or is it the same few trolls that keep bringing it up any chance they get? Reeder tablet with native sfos support would be awesome, the JT is getting really old and even just browsing pictures in hi res is becoming problematic

1 Like

Before releasing a tablet it would be better to fix the issues SFOS has and will make the tablet borderline unusable.

You never used JT? It is as far from borderline unusable as possible, actually sfos works great on big screen like tablet so it’s a shame it’s such a rare experience

2 Likes

The browser sucks.
I don’t think SFOS has support for pens (which is a must fot tablets nowadays).

These two alone will make it a bad product out of the box. And there are various other issues.

The only issue on the tablet is ram, 2G causes a lot of oom, so it’s one app at a time thing, but bigger keyboard alone makes toeterm/tIDE so much better to use it’s worth the slowdowns. The only other one (that would also get fixed by reeder tablet) is 4.4 android apps disappearing and being abandoned, if there is no native app it sucks, browsing android versions backwards (on fdroid etc) to find one that still works is a huge pain, newer android support would make sfos tablet an instabuy

1 Like

I’ve been saying it for the past ten years that if you plan to buy a sfos device and want to run android apps on it you are better of with an android device.

The idea is/was to make a proper independent os. At least the basic stuff (ie browsing) should work properly natively.

2 Likes

That’s retarded, you run sfos so you have full linux, if there is no native app that does X you use android app or write your own, being ‘ashamed/afraid’ of android app support is retarded, pls stop

4 Likes

Its neither about being ashamed or afraid. its about the experience. As simple as that.

1 Like

Just stop, once you used JT or other sfos tablet pls come back and fix your absurd assertions, you know nothing about using sfos on a big screen yet keep spewing bs that has nothing to reality, android apps are a great backup not something to worry about and skip a sfos device over, just keep yourself in your cave and skip more devices until all the apps you need miraculously appear, retarded

1 Like

I am trying to explain all the limitations i see -regardless of form factor- and you keep trying to avoid reality.

Even as a “full linux device (or distro to be more exact)” sailfish isn’t on the same level as my laptop. In theory it should have been right? Its full linux isn’t it? But various factors -others due to jollas extremely bad choices and others out of their control- make the os worst that it should/could have been even on that level.

Reality is:

You’re full of bs, 99% of sfos users happily(or unhappily, they still do) use android apps, by your advice sfos would’ve died a decade ago, thanks for your super extremist pov, but again android app support is a plus not something to be ashamed of, if you can’t use sfos with android apps, have fun on the sideways cheering until noone uses sfos, as I said retarded

6 Likes

Why do you need so special words (like retarded, absurd, full of) to defend your position? Come on. The sun is shining and flypig has released the new browser version for public final test. That’s great news!

16 Likes

The Jolla Tablet’s only real problem is the software: hundreds of bugs (both in general and specific to the Jolla Tablet) kept getting introduced but were never fixed (somewhat understandably, but still a shame), and since an update a few years ago, something keeps the CPU active at all times, causing the battery percentage to (literally) continously drop while you’re looking at an empty home screen. I loved using it and Sailfish definitely works wonders on a large screen, but having to keep it connected to a charger (and actually charging due to the permanent high CPU drain) all the time caused my battery to inflate, so I had to stop using it. If not for those problems, it would still be perfectly usable today.

1 Like

Prettt sure that was just hw failure, my tablet works great still (or maybe you installed some of the experimental qt5.15 libs, those were causing a ton of issues on the tablet like unreliable booting without plugged in power, wifi chip not loading… you name it), it’s amazing how usable it still is 8 years later, and no idea about special words, it is what it is, ppl who never used sfos in tablet form really should not be spewing bs about usability

Please find C2 delivery updates here Jolla C2 Community Phone deliveries - #187 by rainemak

4 Likes