Jolla Mind2 Development Update

:rocket: Back to the Future: Jolla is leading Finland to the forefront of AI devices with the new Mind2 AI computer!

Since the beginning of the year, we at Jolla have been developing the Mind2 AI computer, which connects to the user’s data, communication tools, and calendars. Mind2 enhances your workday by supporting communication, calendar management, and reporting through AI.

We chose a physical AI device over a cloud solution to ensure complete privacy protection. We believe that local AI is the only way to guarantee a 100% private environment.

Last Friday, we shared an update on Mind2’s timeline and functionalities on our Discord channel:

:small_blue_diamond: Manufacturing partner selected: In June, we chose a manufacturing partner from five candidates.
:small_blue_diamond: First batch confirmed: The community-focused “community edition” has been secured. The community edition is intended for technically advanced users.
:small_blue_diamond: Final design was frozen in July
:small_blue_diamond: Delivery schedule: The community edition is expected to be delivered in early November, but this depends on the quality of the production version received in September.
:small_blue_diamond: Public version: A broader version for the public will be ready in early 2025.
:speech_balloon: Do you want to be part of developing the first Finnish AI computer and provide feedback to the Jolla ja Venho teams developing the M2? Join our Discord channel! Discussions are primarily in English. Discord link: Jolla Mind2

Why is Jolla building a personal AI computer?

:small_orange_diamond: Personal: Mind2 has only one master: the user.
:small_orange_diamond: 100% privacy: Local AI ensures that data is not shared with others.
:small_orange_diamond: Small LLM models enable AI to run on home computer resources.
:small_orange_diamond: Carefully designed software: Mind2 seamlessly integrates with the user’s data and works without typical AI hallucinations. Jolla and its partner company Venho are working closely to achieve this goal.

Jolla was founded in 2012 to continue Nokia’s MeeGo development. Last year, the company’s management bought the business back into Finnish ownership. The new Jolla continues to develop Sailfish OS and designs mobile and edge AI devices. The company’s affiliate, Seafarix Oy, serves automotive customers with AppSupport technology.

#AI #finland #Jolla #Privacy

(In the picture: a brand-new CNC version of the Jolla Mind2 AI computer)

25 Likes

Congrats! This sounds like a press release with that trailing info. Or a blog post:p
Was the picture taken with a C2?

3 Likes

Would I be correct in assuming that this can be interfaced with non sailfish devices?

1 Like

Looks like it. From their site at https://venho.ai/

Expand Venho.ai’s capabilities with a growing ​library of Android and native apps developed ​by the community.

(Bold from me)
What I want to know is are they going to have a native Sailfish OS application or is the expectation that it will be “developed by the community”.

2 Likes

Hi,
Few days ago, I’ve received an email with the latest development update.
In the Community Edition, a storage with 1gb SSD is offered.
In this email, I read : “Expandability: we’ve added an additional M.2 slot”
Does this mean it will be two M2 slots ?
The RK3588 has a PCIe 3.0 x 4 lanes. Does this mean the SSD will be limited to 1 or 2 lanes ?
Thank you

And why USB 2.0, not USB 3.1 ?
If the concern is expandability and future features, why not HDMI and audio jack connector, it’s easy and cheap to implement ?

1 Like