Confused about Sony Xperia 10 V

what is the current status of supporting Xperia 10 V? it is on the Supported Devices page but has not found available license from Jolla Shop where I could buy licences for Xperia 10 II & III and Xperia 10, XA2…

Or, to be more precise, there is nowhere any mentions about Xperia 10 V…

So, is it supported? Will it be supported by V5.0 only? What about Sony Xperia 10 VI? It is even more decent device…

2 Likes

No one knows. If it will be supported then in 2 or 3 years.

2 Likes

Just imagine if there were a forum where one could read each and every fact and speculation on that matter!

And maybe one could even search it efficiently if not cluttered up with useless repetitions of identical questions.

2 Likes

Is my sarcasm meter failed here? Because I have not found definite answer, especially for licences available in the shop…

1 Like

The software should have been released already, but apparently was delayed. It is not uncommon for Jolla. It should be released soon™. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next month. Who knows.
Also, when it is released, it might be in beta state, with some functions not yet available. It is possible the camera is not working, they experience battery drain issues, so they have disabled it in the in house dev build. Also android support might be missing from the first release. These functions will come. Soon™.

3 Likes

Not yet. From today’s community meeting:

07:41:27 Do we have new news of SFOS availability for Sony Xperia 10 IV and V devices? We’re are past the August 2024 time for the SFOS paid components originally mentioned at the love-fest.
07:42:12 ExTechOp, not other than free version available asap :slight_smile:
07:42:23 ExTechOp, there will be hiccups and issues
07:43:01 we’ll openly inform regarding known issues
07:43:44 Is there supposed to be something at Jolla shop for them, the latest I see there is the Xperia 10 III?
07:44:00 We’ll inform
07:44:39 Yesterday we updated on the Jolla C2 Jolla C2 Community Phone deliveries - #187 by rainemak
07:48:48 What I’m trying to ask, since the shop doesn’t even seem to have the free trial version available, am I doing something wrong?
07:49:24 ExTechOp, no, you’re not… we’re working to get free version available asap
07:51:15 Okay then. It is somewhat confusing that Supported Devices | Sailfish OS Documentation lists them, and links to Jolla Shop which doesn’t.
07:52:09 ExTechOp, I see… I’ll write a note and an internal ticket

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing here.
It is a little maddening to read this. ASAP has no meaning at all, because the only context we are given is them saying it will launch, and then more than a month of almost nothing after they miss the launch date.
Maybe I misinterpret what is said or the thought behind it, but I read something like this:

• The software is later than you told us it would. There is no communication about it. Please tell us something.
  • We will, asap
  • Ok, can you tell us more?
  • Yes, we can, and we will.
  • Please
  • We will tell you something.

THEN !@#$%^ DO TELL US SOMETHING!
Until now I have been patiently waiting. I can understand the date might have been optimistic. I can understand unforeseen roadblocks and delays. I must do some effort, but I can even understand the lack of communication about it all.
But I really cannot understand, when they made time specifically for answering the community, the only thing we hear is the contradictory: We will give you an answer. And nothing more. If you don’t take us seriously, please continue ignoring us again, it is a lot easier to handle.
It is more than maddening. I’m just !@#$%^ing angry about this.

Let me help you, jolla. You can have these sentences, you just need to fill in some blanks:

We plan to release this week/within 2 weeks/this month, but there are still some things we need to iron out that may delay a release even further. As for now, some features, like (insert features here), are missing, and probably will be missing from the initial launch. We hope to release these features as an over the air update within a month/two months/three months/six months to our subscribers. If we stumble upon problems that will delay the release of the feature update, we will contact @ThijssjihT to help us communicate with you again.

Hope this helps. :angry:

2 Likes

They have already spoken similar words in the past, but it appears events have overtaken their ability to deliver.

The launch of their new device has also passed their given date, and i suspect probably lies at the heart of the delay here too.

Having taken deposits off customers for the C2, their priority has to be to get that shipped ASAP, and, going off the C2 thread, they haven’t quite ironed out the issues there yet

1 Like

I’d would say that I would like to have free, non AAS, bugged but still working os to flash my 10 V with and have some time to play with by the weekend

Are there any more now after a new meaningless thread enriches the forum?

Sure…

on the other hand, does it give you some happines wasting your time on comments like these above?

I appreciate ones who spent their time giving me some help but really do not understand you. Dont like, skip, done…

1 Like

Unfortunately, this “we are all happy here” forum software (Discourse) does not allow for expressing that without resorting to written text.

https://releases.sailfishos.org/images/

However, there is no licence for the Xperia 10 IV (XQ-CC54) and 10 V (XQ-DC54) yet. Their free trial images can be downloaded from the 4.6.0 image folder.

The folder is missing (4.6.0) and the supported devices are only two version (XQ-DC72 has been not mentioned)

Let’s wait for the release.

Is there a free trial version out there for 10V ? So, anyone already tested it ?

Not yet, we are all waiting for the release for our V devices in sweet anticipation