[4.0.1.48] No notification sounds (ringing, SMS, alarm)

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): second time so far
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia 10
UI LANGUAGE: Slovenian
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes (compared to v3)

DESCRIPTION:

Twice so far (first time was with 4.0.1.45) notification sounds stopped working - no alarm, no ringing, no SMS alert tone), in addition if I go to Settings → Sounds and try to change the volume there, the Settings app freezes for about a minute (this doesn’t happen if I use the buttons to change the volume, although volume changes have no effect – notification sounds aren’t played despite volume being at 100%)

Phonecalls work normally, and I can hear the other person without problems

Rebooting the phone seems to fix the problem

PRECONDITIONS:

Unknown

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

Unknown

EXPECTED RESULT:

Sounds work

ACTUAL RESULT:

Sounds don’t work

This has been happening quite regularly now.

Also forgot to mention, there’s no vibration for notifications either (but the phone does vibrate while I’m using the keyboard).

I can confirm, on Sony XA2 Ultra running 4.0.1.48.
The only available choice under Settings -> System -> Sounds and Feedback (or whatever this is called in english) -> Ringtone is “no sound”.
I used to have similar issues with mp3 files being used as ringtones which became unavailable, but this time even the build in ringtones are unavailable and greyed out.

That’s a different problem then - I still see all my ringtones, and they do play if I select them, they just don’t play when the notifications should happen.

Hey “awesome”, we might have found another bug :wink:
Thank you for sharing, will open another bug report.