[release notes] Kvarken 4.1.0

I had issues for my android apps accessing the SD card in recent sailfish releases (XA2 Ultra single Sim). This update restored the ability to use it right away. Even though there wasn’t anything mentioned in that regard: Thanks!
Maybe its due to the fact that something wasn’t configured as it should be on my android layer, which now has been refreshed completely by the new one in version 10, or the much saying ‘Tens of packages were upgraded’ did the trick. I don’t care.
In addition, the android performance is much improved. On Koli (4.0.1.x) I could use max. 3 android apps for the same time. But even then I could ‘feel’ the RAM working, when I switched to another app until it worked some kind of ‘ok’ after some seconds. Having 4 apps open was almost unusable then. It worked only ok, just after rebooting the device for some time. Usually the whole android layer was about to restart itself sooner or later. Now with Kvarken 4.1.0.x: No sign of all this at all! Currently 5 android apps and 2 native SF apps are running at the same time: Apps are responsive after switching in a reasonable manner: This is a good one! :wink:

I guess they’re getting the predictive input software from a 3rd party and it’s not available in aarch64 yet?

Otherwise successful Xperia 10 II install failed to restore 2 pieces from XA2:

• Contacts - post-restore message also said “Failed to restore Contacts”, with no immediate further details. I just now transferred .local/share/system/privileged/Contacts from XA2 and got my contacts back. (Ideally I would also like to restore Phone history, where is that stored?)

• Notes - zero restored, had to again manually copy from .local/com.jolla/notes I think was the path.

EDIT :point_up_2: solved at [3.4.0 onwards?] Restore backup fails when restoring notes (here: from Xperia X to Xperia 10 II )

Just discovered y’all talking about missing Predictive text subsystem… disappointing, but probably survivable for a while.

1 Like

Same with me , no contacts restored (and no notes… and no Pictures) . Transferred Via Bluetooth, really nice and easy. Just go to contacts, select all contacs and then select share-- bluetooth. when phones are paired the sharing via BT sends a file of contacs .

i can confirm that. I have the same while I try to move from the XA2 to the 10II.

They figured it out at Restore backup from Xperia X to Xperia 10 II fails when restoring Notes

Symlink /home/nemo quite smart.

2 Likes

Jolla should have an official guide posted as to where is all personal information (phone log/contacts/sms/notes) stored and how to edit/backup/restore it.

We have Cheat Sheet, but years pass and I still didn’t get an answer how I can edit sms DB with wal-shm files thru sqlite3 so that it makes a difference.

See here, although it doesn’t list export function.
https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Sailfish_OS_Cheat_Sheet#Phone

On Xperia 10 II the volume during a call is quite low and the other side has an echo when the loudspeaker are turned on. Can this be adjusted (it was possible somehow in the ancient times, I think)

2 Likes

Thanks. commhistory-tool does have export param listed in --help, although copying database seems to have worked also.

1 Like

I experience that on my X10 also.

Please note

and especially

4 Likes

Hi all :slight_smile:

I flashed SFOS 4.1.0 yesterday on my brand new Xperia 10 II, it went almost flawlessly :slight_smile:

Many thanks to the whole Jolla team for your hard work !

Cheers, Samuel

4 Likes

I have a question regarding the 10 ii. I received mine today, and I want to install SFOS 4.1 on it. I am currently waiting for the Android 11 update to finish, but reading the instructions here:

I shall upgrade to Android 11, but then download Sony software binaries for Android 10 in step 5. Is this a typo and should be software binaries for Android 11, or is this correct?

Confusing, but correct (@jovirkku maybe should be made more clear or noted more verbose?)

And see here:

1 Like

Thanks.

Post most be at least 20 characters.

1 Like

There is a simple button for that :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Plus is no more possible to sort ambiences by favouriting them.

2 Likes

… and it sorts itself, depending on usage. But in a strange way…

1 Like

This is correct. They are two different things. The quote from rinigus by peterleinchen explains it. Also check the chapter beginning with " A quick clarification of what an underlying Android version adaptation" in the latest blog.

2 Likes