Vote for your favourite community contribution

All of us at Jolla are constantly amazed and thrilled by the amazing :sparkles: energy :sparkles: from you all in the community. For the last ten years Sailfish OS has run on this energy, and it will continue to into the future.

We’d like to show our appreciation by :trophy: honouring the community contribution that you — the community — would like to see recognised at the Jolla 10 years celebration in Berlin.

So please, in the comments below, tell us the contribution that you think we should honour, and why. Then please vote on the contributions by :heart: favouriting them. Try to avoid duplicating the same contribution (hit that heart button instead!).

The contribution can be whatever you like (app, translation, activity, discussion point, energy,… you get the idea). If you all go with something completely absurd (please, no “Boaty McBoatface”!) we reserve the right to make our own choice.

Voting ends 2021-10-13T14:00:00Z, so vote now, times a tickin’.

4 Likes

@rinigus for Pure maps, OSM Scout Server, Presage backend, Tama port and community encryption. It’s impossible to mention just one thing.

64 Likes

The work @dcaliste made and makes on the whole calendar and buteo stuff.
I rely heavily on the CalDav and CardDav stack and as far as I unterstand he contributed greatly to its functionality.

33 Likes

@piggz porting efforts for various platforms.
Although I’m only using the Pinetab port from him, he’s done great work on platforms such as Pinephone, Volla and integration of Amazfish. With this he provided SailfishOS to a whole lotta people.
Ammendment from @michl : FX tec Pro1

28 Likes

@coderus for Patchmanager and all improvements and modifications made by him

33 Likes

FX tec Pro1 would be completely useless for me without his and others porting efforts!

3 Likes

@rubdos and his Whisperfishers for enabling de-googled open-source E2E messaging on Sailfish OS and all its ports.

19 Likes

personal ringtones by @coderus . For me this functionality is basic (distinctive ringtones). Without that, well…

3 Likes

Working hours tracker by @olpe . Better than any other seen on playstore…

2 Likes

@mentaljam for Storeman. It’s easy access to OpenRepos for everyone.

31 Likes

@Basil for OpenRepos

36 Likes

@Keeper-of-the-Keys for gPodder

5 Likes

@jobe (and others dev for 64bits arch) for ownKeepass

7 Likes

I clearly hesitate as so many deserves a vote. If I may vote twice :stuck_out_tongue:

• @dcaliste for his astounding but humble contribution to various projects behind SFOS (notably synchronisation, calendars…) and its willingness to help in the forum
  • @piggz for Amazfish in particular and more broadly his energy towards the community in various user groups
1 Like

@piggz and @rinigus are my instant gotos for most things but I’m going to vote for EVERYONE anyway :slight_smile: mcfacethis!

4 Likes

Werkwolf for Fernschreiber

19 Likes

Werkwolf for Piepmatz

11 Likes

@equeim for the excellent Unplayer, a queue- and playlist-based music player that’s powerful yet easy to use thanks to its well-thought-out design, making great use of the Sailfish OS UI paradigms. I recently got an Android-based DAP, and have yet to find a music player app for it that works as well as Unplayer.

2 Likes

thp deserves all the credit, I only took over from him :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I kind of miss thp. I wanted to update his flower game… need to ping him.