SIP on Sailfish/Aurora with s1p

The easiest way to install something from OpenRepos would be to first install Storeman:

1. Download the RPM (for armv7hl ) of the current Storeman release from OpenRepos per the Sailfish OS Browser:
    https://openrepos.net/content/osetr/storeman
  2. Enable Settings -> Untrusted software -> Allow untrusted software .
  3. Start the File Browser app and go to Downloads . Tap on the downloaded Storeman RPM and select Install in the top pulley.
  4. Disable Settings -> Untrusted software -> Allow untrusted software again.

Taken from: https://together.jolla.com/question/222126/guide-installing-sailfish-x-on-xperias/#222126-4-installing-software

Installing s1p without storeman would work the same way, just with the s1p rpm instead of the storeman rpm, of course :grinning:

5 Likes

Wow! I’m really happy!

have now installed Storeman, this worked perfectly at the first attempt, and I never knew that so much software is available for the SFOS phone!

After this I searched and downloaded s1p, and download and installation worked also perfect and it starts crashless. Now I have to make a SIP account at some provider and have to try…, and will report as soon as I have results.

Thank you so much!

edit: after installing s1p, after a short time, the mobile access point failed. permanently alternate connected / not connected. So I deinstalled s1p, and restarted the network on the phone. -> did not help! Then I restarted the phone by power off / power on. After this, mobile access point worked good again. Reinstalled s1p, mobile access point still working well.

1 Like

Does anybody know how much data volume the running s1p app consumes,

1. in standby mode, per hour or by day, and
  2. while talking, per minute ?

I ask this, because I need SIP phone mainly in foreign countries, where I only have prepaid SIM cards with limited data volume respectively no included free data volume per month.

Further, is there a data counter in the s1p app?

The amount of data in standby largely depends on your provider.
s1p does not send any keepalive packets at the moment except for REGISTER packets in intervals you can set.

There is no option to see data counters yet but feel free to open an issue should you think this feature to be important.

In Sailfish settings there is already a Data counters app which may help you to determine your network usage. Just measure e.g. for an hour without s1p and the same duration with s1p and you should be able to subtract out the difference .

3 Likes