Roadshow: community meeting @Stockholm Oct 22

Hi there,

Shout out to all Sailfish users in Sweden!

We are attending an event in Stockholm on Oct 20-21 in which connection we would like to organise a Sailfish community event in a suitable location.

Consider this as a Jolla Phone Roadshow event, first of a kind in the series printed in the T-Shirt, and we have a good synergy to do this in connection with the other event as we’ll be anyway in Stockholm for the occasion.

Are you folks on for it? We primarily look this would be Wed Oct 21 evening and some local help organising would be highly appreciated :heart_hands:

Update: A pool regarding possible dates. We could also organize this October 21 or October 22? Please vote for your preference.

  • October 21
  • October 22
0 voters

Update October 5: October 22 is now settled. See more from Roadshow: community meeting @Stockholm Oct 22 - #12 by Jolla . Venue is still open.

Jolla team

24 Likes

Great idea. Sadly, I’ll be back to Stockholm exactly the 21st evening :cry:

I will have a hard time reach there in time, we have a full day event in Gothenburg, but I will see what I can do about it. The more the merrier. Unfortunately our printed Gothenburg bags will not be ready until the last week of October.

3 Likes

I may be able to come, I’d certainly like to.
I’m not local to Stockholm, though, and don’t know what venues may be appropriate.

I would come, and could probably help organize. What would be on your wishlist. Location wise, are pups okay?

3 Likes

We have chance to organize meeting on October 22 as well. There’s now a poll (Oct 21 && Oct 22) in the first post Roadshow: potential community meeting @Stockholm Oct 21 . Please vote for your preference. If both are equally good, feel free to vote them both.

5 Likes

Currently too much on my plate, but I would have loved to join.

When a date is fixed, is it okay to bring outside people, or is it just for Jolla Phone owners?
I know a man at swedish radio that ordered a phone that might bring a whole bunch

3 Likes

The more the merrier, it’s meant as an event to showcase the device as much as as a community meetup.

1 Like

Any news on what day?

Will there ever be a meeting in the Netherlands?

Hi there,

It looks that we’re landing around 15-25 participants including current voters, extras (the whole bunch) and Jolla people. Target date points to October 22 so let’s fix that. Participants do not have to be Jolla Phone owners so feel free to invite others as well if they are interested (CC @munkstolen).

@munkstolen it’s much appreciated if you could help organizing. We should figure out a cosy venue with a low entry barrier (not too expensive or fancy). Usually we have organized these kind of events in a restaurant or a pub that serves food as well.

Please feel free to propose venues to this topic.

5 Likes

The first place coming to my mind is the flying horse, it’s quite central , cheap, they have several different parts/levels, so there should be a good opportunity to have a quite large area for ourselves.

beer is 49 sek, think food is 150. I arrange pub evenings there every other week

2 Likes

I agree, it is a good venue. Arsenal Sweden meet and have match gatherings there as well.

1 Like

I can unfortunately be part on the 22nd of october myself, I can only do 21st.

But I could help you get in touch of course. What time would you prefer?

1 Like

How unfortunate that is. Getting in contact is a great start. We do appreciate all the help you, Sailfish Community, can provide.

4 Likes