[Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.11

I completely forgot about all the changelog stuff. Thanks for that!

I got the bootloader back in, from 4.5.0.25, and after giving my security code, I get a black screen. The power button toggles the cyan LED, but nothing else visible.

The “No apps running” message is gone, but it kinda sucks that all the screen is.

What’s in the firmware? Some kernel stuff that this cannot boot unless the official Sailfish updater flashed something in there, and now my phone is still bricked until images are released? Or is there something else I’m still missing out on?

Any way to debug a Sailfish now that it’s semi-running?

1 Like

It is nice to see this new update, but I didn’t see any informations about the bug about the problem of roaming for mobile internet connection like this one. Has any one try to see if there is an improvement about it ?

1 Like

Hallo das Update lief Problemlos nur ist nun das Wetter in der Ereignisansicht weg nicht schön. Vg Jan

1 Like

Exactly the same thing is happening on mine, although the only thing I did was install the packages in the cache and remove harbour-callrecorder. It definitely connects to the internet, because I’m receiving email notifications. And now I actually managed to log into it with the file manager on my computer! But what to do next?

afbeelding

Hmm, while I was trying to SSH to it, the connection broke and doesn’t want to reestablish. Maybe it’s active for the first 30 seconds after boot and then something else blocks it? But it looks like we’re getting somewhere, at least. I’ll see if I can get in again after another reboot.

I have no idea. My USB mode is usually “Charging only” so no luck with accessing it as an MTP device. Likewise it won’t respond to any pings, though it’s not “Destination Host Unreachable” either.

Removing and reinserting the USB cable does chime. So I wondered if this could be something as silly as the brightness turned to sub-zero and no way to brighten it up, but trying to call the phone goes straight to voicemail.

So it’s not entirely alive either. Sigh.

Anyone?

Would you mind to post in English, as this is an international forum.

Good news! … I hope.

I’m about to be torn between this and certain obligations not related to this, so I’m not sure about my usefulness beyond the ability to reboot my phone without the aid of a volume button.

Oh yeah, and of course it’s gonna be voicemail. It never asked (at least visibly) for a PIN. It’s black after the first security code.

A reboot restores the connection! Assuming you have developer mode enabled, you can connect to your phone over WiFi immediately after it boots, then start running whatever programs necessary. I’m running version --dup right now, let’s see if it keeps going before the connection breaks again.

Hello the update ran smoothly only the weather in the event view away not nice. VG Jan

PS. That’s nice that’s an English forum so the understanding I use also the translation tools that you should try sometimes.

OMG! I’m uncharacteristically giddy about everything :smiley: Remembering what my ssh login password is, so I don’t have to re-do the rescue boot firmware circus just to change it and everything that follows :smiley:

It’s interesting to me that version --dup wanted to install 24 packages, but it must be a replacement for ssu register somehow, because I was seeing aliendalvik-related things in the list.

Then I showed the missus how bad my phone sucks because it won’t display anything after the initial security code. What followed was the sound of me getting egg on my face. The phone did show the next (IMO redundant) security code entry, and pin, albeit all with a wrong ambience.

Edit: this is glorious! Changing the ambience worked, calling the phone sounded the right ringtone, and launching the most picky Android app I’ve encountered (S-Mobiili) launched just fine.

Thanks to everyone on the forum here!

Hope these demented ramblings of mine help someone else out there.

Actually, hope more no one else encounters these issues.

And while we’re hoping: hope Jolla gets rid of “hey, so many packages look like they might be broken we’re gonna overload your brain and then die during the installation!”

Which may be unfair, maybe the script failure in callrecorder was something no one can predict, but some kind of rollback mechanism would be sweet even if user-driven downgrades weren’t officially supported…

7 Likes

version --dup had to still update quite a lot of packages. Now I’ll reboot, fingers crossed!

[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM defaultuser]# version --dup
REFRESHING CACHE AND DOWNLOADING PACKAGES
Finished transaction (status=1, runtime=84182ms)
UPGRADING SYSTEM
Finished transaction (status=1, runtime=63054ms)
FINISHING

Download (2 packages)
 - harbour-audiocut;1.5.0-1;noarch;store
 - harbour-papocchio;1.3.5-1;aarch64;store

Install (61 packages)
 - connman-configs-sailfish;0.11.13-1.10.1.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - droid-config-xqau52-bluez5;0.1.36.1-1.10.1.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - droid-config-xqau52-policy-settings;0.1.36.1-1.10.1.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - droid-config-xqau52-pulseaudio-settings;0.1.36.1-1.10.1.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - droid-config-xqau52-sailfish;0.1.36.1-1.10.1.jolla;noarch;adaptation0
 - droid-config-xqau52;0.1.36.1-1.10.1.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - droid-hal-version-xqau52;1.0.0-1.4.12.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - harbour-audiocut;1.5.0-1;noarch;store
 - harbour-fernschreiber;0.17-13;aarch64;store
 - harbour-kodimote;2.2.4-1;aarch64;openrepos-ade
 - harbour-papocchio;1.3.5-1;aarch64;store
 - harbour-passviewer;1.6-1;aarch64;store
 - jolla-calculator;1.0.10-1.5.1.jolla;aarch64;apps
 - jolla-calendar;1.1.15-1.11.1.jolla;aarch64;apps
 - jolla-common-configurations;0.11.13-1.10.1.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - jolla-email-settings;1.1.43-1.12.1.jolla;aarch64;apps
 - jolla-email;1.1.43-1.12.1.jolla;aarch64;apps
 - jolla-handwriting;0.1.7-1.3.3.jolla;aarch64;xt9
 - jolla-mediaplayer;1.3.13-1.7.1.jolla;aarch64;apps
 - jolla-notes-settings;1.0.24-1.6.2.jolla;aarch64;apps
 - jolla-notes;1.0.24-1.6.2.jolla;aarch64;apps
 - jolla-xt9-cp;0.2.15-1.4.2.jolla;aarch64;xt9
 - jolla-xt9;0.5.22-1.6.3.jolla;aarch64;xt9
 - libjollamediaplayer;1.3.13-1.7.1.jolla;aarch64;apps
 - mce-plugin-libhybris;1.14.5-1.3.1.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - mtp-vendor-configuration-sailfish;0.11.13-1.10.1.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - ngfd-settings-sailfish;0.11.13-1.10.1.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - ofono-modem-switcher-plugin;1.0.2-1.1.3.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - patterns-sailfish-applications;1.1.32-1.14.1.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - patterns-sailfish-cellular-apps;1.1.32-1.14.1.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - patterns-sailfish-consumer-generic;1.1.32-1.14.1.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - patterns-sailfish-core-device;1.1.32-1.14.1.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - patterns-sailfish-core;1.1.32-1.14.1.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - patterns-sailfish-customer-content-default;1.1.32-1.14.1.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - patterns-sailfish-device-adaptation-pdx201;0.1.36.1-1.10.1.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - patterns-sailfish-device-configuration-common-xqau52;0.1.36.1-1.10.1.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - patterns-sailfish-device-configuration-xqau52;0.1.36.1-1.10.1.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - patterns-sailfish-mw;1.1.32-1.14.1.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - patterns-sailfish-ui;1.1.32-1.14.1.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - pulseaudio-modules-droid-hidl;1.5.0-1.3.5.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - pulseaudio-modules-droid-jb2q-common;14.2.102-1.5.1.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - pulseaudio-modules-droid-jb2q;14.2.102-1.5.1.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - qt5-qpa-hwcomposer-plugin;5.6.2.24-1.4.2.jolla;aarch64;adaptation0
 - sailfish-audiorecorder;0.1.9-1.4.1.jolla;aarch64;apps
 - sailfish-components-calendar-qt5;1.1.15-1.11.1.jolla;aarch64;apps
 - sailfish-content-ambiences-default-about;1.0.12-1.2.5.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-content-ambiences-default-airy;1.0.12-1.2.5.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-content-ambiences-default-community;1.0.12-1.2.5.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-content-ambiences-default-default-ambience;1.0.12-1.2.5.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-content-ambiences-default-favorites;1.0.12-1.2.5.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-content-ambiences-default-flow;1.0.12-1.2.5.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-content-ambiences-default-glacial;1.0.12-1.2.5.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-content-ambiences-default-party;1.0.12-1.2.5.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-content-ambiences-default-rolling;1.0.12-1.2.5.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-content-ambiences-default-sailing;1.0.12-1.2.5.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-content-ambiences-default-silent;1.0.12-1.2.5.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-content-ambiences-default-work;1.0.12-1.2.5.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-content-ambiences-default;1.0.12-1.2.5.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-office;1.6.8-1.8.3.jolla;aarch64;apps
 - sailfish-utilities;0.1.21-1.8.1.jolla;aarch64;apps
 - sailfish-weather;1.0.16-1.9.1.jolla;aarch64;apps

REBOOT NOW unless you need to investigate update
issues or know what you are doing (or both).

All bugs encountered until reboot are features.

YES! YES! YES!

A very short summary if anyone else is (still) stuck in the same situation, doesn’t feel like going through the backup-reflash-restore backup route, and had already enabled developer mode prior to updating. If you don’t know how to do some or all of these things, I think all information is in the posts above (starting at post 124) and it’s best if you read them through first.

• open recovery mode (install it via flashboot first, depending on your device)
  • use the shell, not ssh
  • mount /home according to the instructions here
  • remove all traces of harbour-callrecorder and osm-scout-server
  • install all of the packages in /home/.pk-zypp-dist-upgrade-cache (it’s a bit of trial and error which ones you need to install first, but you can always upgrade all of the packages in a specific directory at the same time)
  • you can install all packages in a directory with this command: find -name \*rpm | xargs rpm -Uvh
  • (reinstall the normal boot mode with flashboot, depending on your device)
  • reboot the phone normally, at this point it should no longer show the white screens with “No apps running” but stay completely black
  • connect your phone to a charger - if you hear the bell, you know you’re on the right track (or if you hear an email notification or whatever native Sailfish notification that only needs Wi-Fi)
  • immediately ssh into your phone, run “ssu re 4.6.0.11” and “version --dup” (if you have it installed, temporarily disable the chum repo first, otherwise you’ll get some errors)
  • run “reboot”

Your phone should now reboot into a fully working 4.6.0.11 installation, only the ambience will have been reset to a default ambience.

8 Likes

Da gibt es eine Anleitung hier im Forum wie es über das Terminal wiederhergestellt werden kann. Bei mir hat das auch geklappt.

Unfortunately 4.6.0: Android 11 Display » Dark theme built-in scheduler doesn't work, why? has not improved, yet. Still curious why App Support can’t use the timing mechanisms there.

I just noticed the bug from 4.5 is fixed where if you tapped on the navigation bar in Android apps, it disappeared for a couple of seconds (or sometimes swapped to a different running Android application). That one annoyed me endlessly, thanks for fixing it!

3 Likes

I can ssh to my device, but I don’t have networking. When I try to install packages from /home/.pk.zypp-deist… either pkcon install-local or rpm -ihv it packages are unsupported or conflicts with installed packages.Should I remove conflicted and newer packeges and install those from cache?

What command did you use to install cached rpms or do you have any hints to resolve this?

Xperia 10 III and Xperia X went fine, but on Xperia 10 I got this list of conflicting packages. Strange, all were same version, all have basically the same packages installed, none has any OpenRepos etc but only Jolla Store and Android installs.

Same behaviour here, installed update on Xperia X III, after first reboot got couple of flashing messages “No apps running”, then blank screen, and now nothing I can do. Please advise on possible recovery steps.