[release notes] Pallas-Yllästunturi 3.4.0

Asking about consistency in the UI:
what is the action to slumber an alarm then, now?

Reading about the new horizontal swipe of answering a call (and vertically for rejecting?)
I would now expect the alarm to slumber sideways and stop on horizontally.
Let me guess it is still up and down, right?

3 Likes

Yup, still as before.

3 Likes

Mail and browser work better now - before the update I wasn’t able to sync my gmail account - this freezed mail app.
UI design is getting worse and worse.
Beside this I can’t log into OnDrive account after this update. It says that login is successful but that says than account needs to be updates, again and again.

thanks for your work guys. Keep rocking

1 Like

Some web pages use swipe gestures, so not very practical.

1 Like

You might want to install the browser-history-swipes patch, to have sort of that behavior

Swipe URL in browser toolbar right/left in order to go back/forward

within the Patchmanager 3.0 package
https://openrepos.net/content/coderus/patchmanager-30

1 Like

At least after this update debacle “people would have to reflash their phones” can no longer be a serious argument against that.

11 Likes

There is even a dedicated topic for this!

What about the remorse layout ‘debacle’

Is it still the same?

2 Likes

Huh?
Not everybody is using Early Access. Users on this forum might, but most more normal users won’t.
I would think that Jolla can see in their list of accounts all the users on Xperia X and what percentage has enabled access to early access releases, but even that is not a definitive answer.

I am on early acces on my XA2, but mostly I wait 2 days before installing. Most often it is quite safe and I go ahead, but not this time, there was too much noise.
I prefer waiting a few weeks for the next EA instead of running a higher than ususal risk of flashing.

3 Likes

Well, early access isn’t meant to be for daily drivers. Imho it is for testing purposes and finding bugs.

5 Likes

Still the same, but I hope it changes. I just slumber my alarm by turning my phone upside down atm though.

1 Like

Yes, this ugly design solution is still here.

2 Likes

supremesyntax: Will be fixed.

2 Likes

The release notes mention that Rust is now included for developers. However, typing ‘rust’ or ‘rustc’ yields no result at all, even as root. Am I missing something?

You are missing the rust package. Install it with your favorite package manager.

3 Likes

Big thanks to Sailfish team!
I am really hoping that you are working Sailfish to Xperia 10 II.
Anyhow, I am running Pallas-Yllastunturi on XA2 and Xperia 10 at the moment and I have reflashed both from ground up (back to Android etc.). XA2 works fine as my daily driver. I just wish there was a version for my Xperia 10 II it would be awesome to have bigger battery and the screen is very nice. Camera is not the most important to have so I would be happy on one lens. Please Jolla make it happen.

7 Likes

No, it is not coming for Xperia X. We have communicated this previously: see question & answer #11 at https://jolla.com/sailfishx/#faq.

3 Likes

@jovirkku so what does it mean then? Or was it posted by mistake? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Not a mistake: Xperia X is no longer supported as far as Aliendalvik upgrades are concerned.

1 Like