[release notes] Koli 4.0.1

I have the same issue.

I didn’t see this reported yet, but I’m having some issues with my Bluetooth headset after this update.

Specifically, after updating to the early-release of Koli, audio doesn’t seem to be forwarded to the headset anymore. It’s worked fine before the update, and I tried restarting the headset and removing & repairing it. It seems to pair just fine, just that audio isn’t played back over it (tried with music player, gallery, web browser). Audio works fine from the internal speakers. I was thinking this might be due to the added firejail sandboxing around the apps, if something went awry with the permissions, but find it a bit odd since audio playback works fine over the built-in speaker with the headset disconnected.

This is SFOS on the Xperia XA2 & connected to Bose QC35 II headsets. Curious if anyone else is having similar problems after the update?

Where is there documentation on the changed UI elements? Would like to fix buttons in gPodder but am grappling in the dark at the moment…

4 Likes

@FireFly This might not be related to this particular update but to updating in general. I had it on the update from 3.3 to 3.4. [3.4.0.24] No sound with connected bluetooh headphones Bose QC 35 II

1 Like

What a nice update after the buggy 3-series.
Now fingerprint works on my XA2 plus “ro.odm.version=8.1.0_4.4_nile_v16” that didn’t have working fingerprint in the past and i also had the battery drain
https://together.jolla.com/question/216242/xa2-10-fingerprint-scanner-not-working-dual-sim/
https://together.jolla.com/question/218003/xperia-xa2-fingerprint-process-at-100-cpu-draining-battery/

It is stuck in “waiting for connection” for me. Are servers full?

1 Like

Will there be an emulator for Koli before the “main” release? I’d like to check if/how my apps are affected by the UI changes but I need my phone, so I can’t update just yet.

the download was complete, it’s probably rather conflicts that left the device in a broken state.

It showed me to remove an application, but it is not removing the mentioned application. And now it is in the “Waiting for connection” state. Do you know how to get out of that state?

A repo had an issue:

Unexpected exception.
/etc/zypp/repos.d/ssu_openrepos-osetr_release.repo: Section [openrepos-osetr]: Line 8 contains garbage (no '=' or ':/?|,\' in key)   

I moved this repo and refreshed with zypper. But still in “waiting” state.

If you tap and hold your Bose item at Settings > Bluetooth while the headset is connected and take “Show device settings” what do you get?

1 Like

I had a similar problem: Update to 4.0.1.45 fails (Attempts: 1. partly downloaded[?], 2. "waiting for connection")

I managed to solve issue by removing Theme pack support:

devel-su
pkcon remove harbour-themepacksupport
systemctl start aliendalvik
5 Likes

This suggests that there is an internet connection problem between your phone and Jolla Store. It may be local at your place or further away. Sailfish OS is able to continue an incomplete download even after a reboot of the phone (the progress display starts from the left, though, so it looks as if it started from the beginning but it only downloads the missing packages). The same happened to me while testing 4.0.1.45 installation yesterday (an issue with home WLAN). The 2nd attempt completed the download. The installation went fine.
Try to install a simple app from Jolla Store first to verify that the whole chain works.

1 Like

Is there any way to change the colour of notification popups? Black text on white background neither fits with my ambiance, nor does it look good to me.

1 Like

Yep, that fixes it, although whatsapp started only after phone restart, additionally it seems to have lost all the previous settings, i.e., treats it as a new install and doesn’t send the phone number verify sms. But I think that is another problem.

1 Like

I had some issue to upgrade. But I like what I see. It feels more responsive to touch as well. Great improvement in the settings application with the division in tabs.

Hi @jprostko can you install bash to replace ash shell?

Rich

1 Like

Boring. I uninstalled everything that could be offensive to update process and had no issues. Just took some time to find my contacts. Even new browser seems very much usable now.

Jolla, you made my day uneventful and I really respect it! I like my life boring.

7 Likes

I have the same issue, but I think starting the People app and giving it permissions made it start…once. Still trying to figure it out.