[release notes] Koli 4.0.1

Wow wow!! I’ve just noticed that after more than 5 years, the sneak peek feature is back to its full potential!! :heart_eyes:
Peeking finally works again like in SFOS 1.0: the foreground app continues to run normally, i.e. the video you’re watching will continue to play in transparency while you check your notifications or the time :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t see any mention of “peek” in the changelog so it was maybe done in 3.4 already, but thanks to whoever brought that back. Original report for posterity :slight_smile:
Edit: confirmed with my Jolla 1 that it was already there is 3.4.

6 Likes

Hmm, no it is not missing. There is the button “Clear learned words” under the subheading of “Text prediction”.

Do you have “Predictive text input” installed (Jolla Store > My apps)?

Thanks @jovirkku! You are spot on. This package is not installed. Sorry for the noise.

Thanks. Please note that installing the predictive text input is somewhat peculiar: after installing it from Jolla Store you will need to restart the phone before that app is fully in effect.

I lost my ringtones and in setting -> System -> Sounds and Feeback -> Ringtone, the only option available is “no sound”, which is annoying on a mobile phone.

Did anybody experience the same and or has an ideas how to fix this issue?

Xperia X dual SIM.
Twice after installing SFOS 4.0.1, I didn’t see my contacts in the People app. It was a common situation, I am not aware of any special operations on the device before it happened. Restarting the device helped.

EDIT: I only use contacts on my device, I don’t have any synced contacts from other accounts.

Hi
I am still using jolla tablet. And after updating to Sailfish 4.0.1.48
I found the wifi cannot connect automatically. Always needs to first forget and then connect again.
Sometimes even reconnect cannot find the any wifi.
Does anyone know the problem?

1 Like

Yes.
Same experience on a X with 4.0.1.48.

( but as I am used to such behaviour like having to turn flight mode on/off after rebooting to get cellular services connected, I did not bother :frowning: )

1 Like

I have the same problem. Can anyone help me please? :frowning:
I only have this phone

Seems to work now:
I forced a reboot like it was described here: https://together.jolla.com/question/189442/sailfish-x-update-hangs/

and it booted to recovery first. Then I held the power button again and the phone booted into 4.0.1.48

I am happy!

Sorry I couldnt answer earlier. Yes, I re-booted, too, and it worked afterwards.

I’m waiting for a connection for months.

I know, I’m late to the party, but I finally upgraded to 4.1.0.48, too.

I had the same “connection” issue as described at Update to Koli not working
No matter how many times I rebooted or did a pkcon refresh, the update from 3.4.0.24 could not be installed via the GUI.
Manually doing

ssu release 4.1.0.48
version --dup

just yielded

NO UPDATES FOUND. Try again later.

I therefore manually upgraded to 4.0.1.45:

ssu release 4.0.1.45     
version --dup
reboot

and then the update to 4.1.0.48 also worked using the GUI.

[release notes] Koli 4.0.1 shows another approach which apparently also works.

1 Like

Backup settings, do a factory reset, reboot, update and restore backup. That worked for me

bugged me as well , i got pass it by running

sudo zypper dup

afterthat one wierd thing:

installed aliendalvik is aliendalvik-1.1.0-1.13.1.jolla.armv7hl

when trying to reinstall via zypper install -f aliendalvik it tries to revert to aliendalvik-1.0.0-1.12.1.jolla.armv7hl as if the repository is broken

1 Like

See [4.0.1] Voicemail notifications don't call voicemail when clicked - #8 by dcaliste I found a bug in the way the notification calls the dialer for the voicemail and also a bug when fetching the voicemail number. Hopefully this will solve this regression.

3 Likes

Maybe a little late here and I already published it on other threads, but here it is: Extend SailfishOS rootfs with a hidden, unused partition.-Oskar Roesler's Blog

4 Likes

That’s interesting,
How big is the space added, e.g. on an XA2?

I just did it a couple of days ago. It’s just under 3 GB.

Which matters a lot on the only 2.5Gb sized rootfs. It’s not working well if you want to put your FLAC music collection on the rootpart :wink:

But since Sailfish apps are mostly small, I can’t see myself ever exceeding the size afterwards, even after multiple updates. If Jolla would make the rootfs 3GB in the first, most people would probably never run into the problem.

If you still need more, either shrink your home and add it to the rootpart or use SDcard space, add it to the volume group and extend the rootfs.

2 Likes