[4.0.1] Voicemail notifications don't call voicemail when clicked

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia X
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

When one gets a voicemail message, a notification appears. Tapping on the notification used to start a call to the phone operator’s voicemail. In the latest version, it doesn’t anymore.

PRECONDITIONS:

Have voicemail set up on your phone (through your phone company).

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Get a call and decline it
  2. Tap on the notification that appears

EXPECTED RESULT:

Phone calls the operator-defined number to hear the voicemail. The notification is dismissed.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Nothing happens. The notification cannot be dismissed in any way, not even by swiping, and persists even across reboots.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

3 Likes

I’ve found this too, on an XA2ultra, 4.0.1.48. The only way to get rid of it was to delete the voicemailon the provider’s website.

2 Likes

I have the same issue on XA2

2 Likes

I’ve been experiencing this same issue since 3.4, now on 4.1.0, and still no fix. The number for the voicemail carrier is in the Phone settings, and notifications do come in, as is described in the report here. I’ve gone through multiple device resets, I have removed and repasted the number into settings to no avail. Do we have anyone able to assist? Seems to be a GUI issue, the notification does not work, and attempting to call the Voicemail number with the 1 key in Dialer results in a “No voicemail number is defibed” toast message.

Blast from the past: :smiley:

https://together.jolla.com/question/15697/how-to-set-up-phone-number-for-voicemail/?answer=15699#post-id-15699

As one of the comments sais removing the prefix (+XX) and replacing it with a zero helps.

removing the prefix helps. It does open the dialer but opens the dialer history… it does not call the voicemail number :confused:

Thanks to dcaliste for raising this to my attention, I’ve now created internal bug JB#55258 to track this one.

3 Likes

I finally understand which element is setting up the notification and the default action. After a bit of investigation, it seems that the voicemail number is not always available at the moment the notification is created because the underlying ofono waiting object is not fully initialised. Adding a listener on the voicemail number allow to update the notification with the right number.

Here is the PR : https://github.com/sailfishos/commhistory-daemon/pull/4

I’m going to test it for some days and see if it works in the long term.

3 Likes

I only now noticed this bug report. I thought I broke something moving to Xperia 10 II . . .

Merge request accepted this afternoon by @pvuorela. I thank him for the review and the functionality should be back in a coming release…

7 Likes

version 4.4.0.58 fixed it for me