Patches by nephros

@nephros
Patch Request (when you are feeling - you know - bored and at a loose end): How about adding the dialled telephone number to the phone screen?

My wife has more phones than the Coca Cola corporation, so I am frequently calling the wrong one when I hit her name in “history”, and have no way of knowing what the number actually being called is.

1 Like

So you want the number displayed in history, and the calling screen correct?

You can view the number on long press of the history item btw.

1 Like

Huh, voicecall-ui is more sophisticated than it looks.

Doable but not a very quick hack if done properly.

It is the calling screen that I was particularly thinking of.

(Though I think it should also be visible in history)

It would be fine to have both name and number displayed if someone calls. For the case two or more numbers are stored in the phone for one name.

You really should post a feature request because that totally makes sense.

3 Likes

@nephros

[Fuzzy Time] on Xperia 10 III 4.5.0.19

Hi! I have been trying to install the patch, but I always end up with “installation failed”. I am using a couple of patches (one being Pure Black Backgrounds for 4.5.0.16, btw) that run seamlessly already, but I have not been able to make this one run.
I read the information about the usr/lib vs usr/lib64 issue. I downloaded to my computer the 1.0.4…rpm from Openrepos, I opened it with an archive manager, I edited the (six?) lines with the usr/lib occurrences in the .patch file, and replaced the edited file in the archive, then I copied the .rpm onto the phone and installed it with the pulley menu. Then, in Patchmanager, I “clicked” on the button to the left of the patch name (which was there), but… the installation failed again.
Please, am I missing something?

Hi, for SFOS 4.5.x you need version 1.1.0 of Fuzzy Time from the Web Catalog. That one should apply fine on 4.5.0.19.

Please be aware of this bug regarding incompatible version handling in the current PM version, in case it won’t let you install the updated version from the catalog.

1 Like

Please, accept my apologies: it’s the activation that does not work, installation goes smoothly. I am able to install via Patchmanager, but at the moment of activating the patch (turning the “button” on), I get the “activation failed” message.
By the way, I have now downloaded the patch from the webcatalog but it is not an .rpm (and I do not know enough to understand what to do with it); would I be doing something amazingly stupid by taking the old 1.0.4…rpm, opening it, erasing the .patch file and replacing it with the one from 1.1.0, to install it “normally”?
Thank you.

Why don’t you download and install the patch directly from the webcatalog within patchmanager?

The patches are a zip archive and the extracted content should be placed in /usr/share/patchmanager/patches.

But the best way is to install a patch from within patchmanager. At the moment this is a bit annoying, because of the diferent settings to install and apply patches. Patches from openrepos are in rpm format.

1 Like

As a matter of a fact that was the first thing I did. I already have two patches working, both were downloaded and installed through Patchmanager, and I have been trying to get Fuzzy Time as well, but when I click the activation button on the left of the “Installed Patches” page, activation fails.

Thank you! I did not know this and it is good to know; unfortunately I just tried this way too, and it did not work.
So far I have:
1 - Downloaded and installed the patch from within Patchmanager: patch is there, activation failed;
2a- Downloaded Fuzzy Time 1.0.4.rpm from Openrepos, installed from File Manager (click on .rpm file, and on “install” window afterwards): patch is there, activation failed;
2b- Same as above, but after editing the .patch file in the rpm, replacing usr/lib entries with usr/lib64: activation failed;
3 - Downloaded Fuzzy Time 1.1.0.tar.gz from Webcatalog, edited the .patch file replacing usr/lib entries with usr/lib64, copied the .patch file in usr/share/patchmanager/patches/patch-fuzzy-time: patch is there, activation failed.

I mean, it is surely my fault (my phone’s, at this point) somewhere, but I have no idea what may be wrong.

You could take a look at the patch log, after the activation fails. Have you tried disabling the other patches and only test fuzty time? Maybe there is a conflict…

Hi, I tried to use the Patch Glass Popups, but it isn’t compatible to 4.5.0.19.

It is not explicitely compatible, but for me it does work if I activate developer mode in the patch manager settings

It’s not developer mode any more, it’s now called Version Check. And it has the bug mentioned above ATM.

2 Likes

No. It was me.

I turned the phone off (for other issues) and first thing after restart I tried to activate the patch and it worked!

Thank you for the help, though. I learned something.

And thank you @nephros for the help and for these amazing “toys”, the useful ones, and the joyful ones.

1 Like

Just pushed a new one to Web Catalog: Bluetooth Car Mode

Three effects:

• Shows BT devices as a large button grid instead of a list
  • Makes the bluetooth toggle in the top menu launch Bluetooth Settings when it is activated
  • Allows to set a favorite device. This will be connected to automatically.

Intended for car use and other situations where fiddling with the device is inappropriate. Drive safely!

Currently only tested in 4.4, but likely works on other releases.

5 Likes

That we already have. Long press on any top menu toggle always open settings. :wink:
Thanks for the other effects though.

Reminds me of an in-car functionality I had on :ahem: other OSes: when detecting a bluetooth device (car) turn on the hotspot. You know, for cars that don’t always call home…
Or maybe Situations could do that hmm.