Patches by nephros

Yes. It’s another patch, not by me.

2 Likes

What does the text ‘Twenty to two’ mean?

Well t’s the time, the Fuzzy Time patch! :wink:

2 Likes

The patch per square millimeter is high in that status bar! Reminds me not to buy notched devices again;)

1 Like

@nephros, what patch is making the mobile data icon and the network type reddish on your screenshot?

No Patch, just a custom Ambience/colors via ThemeColor.

1 Like

Hey @nephros, I have a “problem” with the power drain patch. I can’t find the settings page to configure it, but I’m not sure if I just don’t know where to look, or something’s broken.

Hi, in the Patchmanager list of patches, tap on the patch name.

This is the same for all patches which have a config page.

1 Like

Thanks! How I never noticed this is beyond me :man_facepalming:

The Finer volume control patch seems to be broken in 4.5.
Thanks alot for your work!

I shall see that I get these updated in the coming week.

So far I know of broken

• [ ] finer volume control
  • [ ] fuzzy time
  • [ ] dimmed icons
  • powerdrain
  • [ ] custom SIM names
  • [ ] email plaintext
2 Likes
  • [fixed][tested][published] finer volume control
  • [fixed][tested][published] fuzzy time
  • [fixed][tested][published] dimmed launcher icons
  • [fixed][tested][published] email plaintext
2 Likes

Right, so I have checked and where necessary updated all the patches I use myself, and the ones reported broken against 4.5.

Please report any that do not work for you that remain.

A fix of “Custom SIM names” is in the works, but I need a little more time.

NOTE 1: in Patchmanager, go to Web Catalog, and tap on any patch you have installed (those show up with bold names). If there is an update, apply that update. If there is no update, it may still be that the compatibility info changed. In this case, use the tap to re-install option to update the patch metadata of your local copy of the patch. This will make the checked/updated patches known as compatible to your instance of PM, i.e. they will appear white not red in the patch list.

NOTE 2: If you are still on 4.4, and see an update to a patch, and see it’s only compatible with 4.5, and you have Patchmanager set up to “relax” compitabliity checking, do NOT update to that version!
The 4.5-only versions are in fact, 4.5 only! All of them however at this point are exactly the same functionally as their 4.4 counterparts.

4 Likes

[fixed][tested][published] custom sim names

3 Likes

Added Pure Black Backgrounds.

1 Like

@nephros
Patch Request (when you are feeling - you know - bored and at a loose end): How about adding the dialled telephone number to the phone screen?

My wife has more phones than the Coca Cola corporation, so I am frequently calling the wrong one when I hit her name in “history”, and have no way of knowing what the number actually being called is.

1 Like

So you want the number displayed in history, and the calling screen correct?

You can view the number on long press of the history item btw.

1 Like

Huh, voicecall-ui is more sophisticated than it looks.

Doable but not a very quick hack if done properly.

It is the calling screen that I was particularly thinking of.

(Though I think it should also be visible in history)