Feedback on Jolla C2

Ooh and no sms in or out with 4g.

I had the same : the phone was running and just about 0% when I got it in my hands.

Welcome @Oine25 !
There was a mention earlier before phone launch that 4G VoLTE is a work in progress and will become available later. This might be the reason for not getting calls and messages out in 4G.
Please first try setting mobile connection to 3G.

3g takes calls and sms but no internet

1 Like

Yes you’re right. Just tested 4G → 3G myself first time and it drops down to 2.5G (Telia) :roll_eyes:

Thank you @Jolla. You sent me a phone with a non working OS.
Can’t get pass my, as always, 6 digits PIN, after first reboot.

1. Boot up went fine.
  2. Language selection fine.
  3. PIN input fine.
  4. WLAN setup didn’t work, so skipped that.
  5. Nocked out tutorial.
  6. WLAN again, touch screen not responding.
  7. Reboot.
  8. Here I am, cant get pass security code.
    All I can do is shut down.

There better be a way to reflash…

Another one exactly the same as many…

11 Likes

Exactly the same as mine…

Can’t believe this failed so badly, so quick :frowning:

4 Likes

How many times have you tried?

I have this sometimes on the X10iii, but code is accepted after 1-3 reboots.

2 Likes

How about 10-15? 

1 Like

There actually was an quick error message on first reboot. Something about encryption not working.

I finally got mine. No serious issues yet.

I only had to disable and reenable the SIM to be recognized. Much of the setup and tests still to do!

1 Like

Genuine question here, worse case scenario I assume customer rights still apply for a beta product? I suppose they could not refuse to take back a defective item if indeed some of them just brick?

I bought one a few years ago. Amazing device. Browser doesn’t work, only mobile functions on 2G, that’s it.

They do still apply. The product has to work as advertised, and therefore the basis on which it was purchased. If it was indeed advertised as a beta product at the time you placed the order (i.e. and not afterwards) then you should expect some smaller things not to work initially, but even in this case it would still need to have basic functionality working reasonably well. As a customer buying a consumer product (a phone) you can expect that the basics were properly tested by Jolla, and therefore working out of the box as advertised, prior to them making it available for sale.

1 Like

Almost exactly same experience for me.

On top of those, device gets stuck on lock screen after inputting security code (9-digit code) It does shutdown from power button.

Also said some issue related to encryption on that boot when I noticed that wizard started again.

1 Like

Yes, exactly same for me.

I have no idea, but knowing Jolla, I doubt that they would.

1 Like

To find a solution in peace, @Jolla should reveal how to reflash the device, then find the bugs and publish a new flashing image.

7 Likes

Ideally, the images should be available in the Jolla Downloads, but that’s up to Jolla to upload 'em. Until then, there’s only waiting.

1 Like

If I’m not totally wrong, manufacturer are flashing multiple units at the time, and yeaa… things can go wrong. It might be that we are the unlucky ones, that got what we in Sweden call a ‘Monday Copy’.

1 Like