Feedback on Jolla C2

I remember we were asked: do you preffer quick delivery over stability

And i think the answer was: deliver :slight_smile:

Second, my understanding is: volte testers get it first

I thought therefore this batch goes anyway to testers only. Am i wrong ?

5 Likes

Yes, that is correct.

Not testers only but hardware and software is the same what goes to VoLTE tester. VoLTE testers should get VoLTE packages before others – once we get the process rolling.

4 Likes

I often play with my n900. There is nothing like hardware keyboard…

4 Likes

It looks like still there isn’t clock and alarm adjustment function in the Settings and I don’t remember where I downloaded it previosly from. Could somebody please remind me as well as new users. Another thing I noticed is that although I put remember me when locking in to Sailfish forum it does not remember me when I next time lock in.

What kind of clock adjustments are you talking about? Changing the time? I don’t know about SFOS 5.0, but in the previous versions that should be found in the Settings -> Time and Date. If you are talking about changing something the Clock app (timers and alarms), then there is a single setting to change the snooze duration under Settings -> Applications -> Clock, but you probably weren’t looking for that?

Or do you mean this?:
Alerts | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System

2 Likes

That’s it, thanks a lot PasiK.At least previously it went to the Settings. Easy to adjust the volume of the alarm clock using this in the Settings. What about in 5.0, is this application still the only way to adjust alarm clock volume?

Try with direct storeman rpm, installer does not support beta releases and since this isn’t even a beta it’s not working as expected https://github.com/storeman-developers/harbour-storeman/releases/download/release1_sfos4.2%2F0.7.0/harbour-storeman-0.7.0-release1_sfos4.2.aarch64.rpm

7 Likes

Thank you. That did the trick and Storeman installed without hickup. :+1:

1 Like

I also managed to install it. All, thanks a lot.

How did you manage to install Chum gui installer correctly? I was able to install it on C2 but it doesn’t show up on app list.

same here. I charge it and keep it happy. love love the keyvoard. Though it is a little unweildy these days.

So I just got my C2 an hour ago.

First impressions - not good.

Upon opening box device was already on and running (!). Tried to setup but Wifi is not working (tapping on Connect does nothing). Decided to skip wifi setup and went through tutorial. When tutorial finished still couldn’t enable Wifi. It just says “WLAN is off” - Networking is not available. Please restart device.

And so i did - upon restarting it again booted into first run/setup screen - selecting language etc.

I can’t really update it since I can’t connect to internet…

Any ideas anyone?

1 Like

It runs the startup wizard again as the previous attempt failed somehow. Did you continue to the end of the wizard? Note that there is no need to run the Tutorial again (escape at the top right corner).

1 Like

Does Jolla plan to publish some technical documentation articles about C2? Something about recovery mode, OS reinstall (just in case), etc? Like for C1 and Aqua Fish

Also, does C2 have activation lock? Say, what will happen if a user forgets password and then reflashes the device? I saw in youtube video it was a problem with the original Jolla phone

2 Likes

Does the C2 have a sensor for Magnetic-Covers?

No, I have finished the setup the first time (along with the tutorial). Then went to settings and tried to enable Wifi. It said " Networking is not available. Please restart device." and so I did.

Upon reboot I was greeted with the setup screen again. Went again through it, this time skipping tutorial. The same thing, Wifi does not work - went to settings, still the same message.

At this point battery dropped from 20% when I opened the box to 3% and it said that phone will shut it self off. Just when I wanted to connect it to charger it shut off.

I had to go to work so I brought the phone with me, connected it to charger powered off. After an hour I powered it on, was asked to enter security code and after entering the loading spinner is shown and it’s stuck like this for almost 20 minutes now.

Don’t know what to do next

1 Like

Like mine except for the battery. It was at 79 % and still going strong after leaving the phone on overnight.

So the startup wizard is marked as completed even though home encryption has failed - and we can’t remove one file. Of course this problem could hide an underlying hardware issue.

The safe bet would be to shut down the phone immediately if it wants to encrypt home again after a reboot and wait for a day or two for more information.

Succesfully downloaded and updated to 5.0.0.21.

1 Like

So… No calls in or out with 4g, no internet acces for android apps from aurora i guess thats the main store for android apps, cant seem to find where to allow apps to get any kind of permission, i can see the permissions in the apps serting but i cannot give them, i these problems could be resovled i could actualy use this phone daily… Maybe.