Feedback on Jolla C2

This thread is for observations about the Jolla C2 community devices with Sailfish OS 5.0. We’re preparing an update that we’re aiming to land to you once you get the devices into your hands. Estimated time depends on the build system – hopefully not taking long time :crossed_fingers:.

Awesome to see the first ones receiving their devices already. :rocket: :heart:

In case of clear bugs let’s report them in the category of Bug reports.

PLEASE NOTE:
The security code of Sailfish OS is a minimum of 5 digits or characters. It is used for the device lock and home area encryption and is set at the beginning of the first startup. If you decide to use an external keyboard at this point (it is not recommended), bear in mind that you do not set a code shorter than 5 characters.

42 Likes

Weather not working because of license for Foreca, isnt?

1 Like

Yes, but you can create a trial account for foreca api

Haven’t got it yet, but I’m tracking shipment using the native Paketti app, which supports Posti.
That’s nice!

3 Likes

For me, the native Paketti app still informs me that “the shipment has not arrived at Posti”, even though the parcel is already on its way…

Could something like the open meteo api be an option? No clue how hard is to change things like that but seems like a good economical option.

All these free/open services are only free for personal use, there was someone working on rewriting the weather widget to use one of them, no idea what happened to that but it would still require every user to register for their api key or it would hit daily limit very quickly. The other free option is scraping like meecast (until the service decides to hide behind a cloudflare captcha or other bs)

3 Likes

Issue, cannot connect to my wifi network (both 2.4 and 5 GHz are supported on it). I think the wifi connect box has some sort of minimum password requirements, but in reality entering my 8 digit password (as in, 8 consecutive digits) works on both Android and iOS. Clicking the enter key then claims it is invalid, when it isn’t.

It detects the connection as WEP when it’s WPA3 as well.

Edit: When doing it via Advanced, I have the option then to at least choose WPA/WPA2, but then it says the wifi network is out of range…which is quite impressive seeing as it’s practically next to me in the living room and I have a mesh network throughout the apartment lol

3 Likes

4G Testing - Finland - Moi / DNA

:white_check_mark: Data
:white_check_mark: Calling (Locally)
:white_check_mark: Receiving SMS
:x: Sending SMS (this was sent to an Android device that has RCS enabled, so maybe something to do with that, although it gets other text messages just fine)

3 Likes

WPA3 is expected to not work Does SailfishOS not support WPA3? - #2 by pvuorela

5 Likes

Damn that’s really not great.

2 Likes

What version of SFOS does it run at the moment?

Sailfish OS 5.0.0.5.

20 characters.

4 Likes

Forget Sailfish Weather, it’s not coming back any time soon. I would rather the “jollyboys” (Only Fools & Horses day out) spent the weather licensing sum on parts of the OS still requiring polish and not for some inaccurate weather forecast, seeing as FORECA can’t seem to get it together their end either, still some icons do not display on their OWN website, perhaps they have fixed that bug, but probably not. Even when you speak directly to FORECA, they deny there is any problem. Another shower of corporate excrement.

6 Likes

not only polish, SFOS needs fixing some serious bugs and missing updates, say only kernel, IP v6 and there is some more! Polish in meaning of appearance - no, SFOS is imho nearly perfect.

2 Likes

Josh’s bug list

Please note that I have not used Sailfish OS since Jolla One in 2016. What is a bug and what is just problematic UX may not be distinguishable to me immediately.

Bug: Cannot connect to my wifi network on first boot (literally first time booting device). Post here in same thread, but wanting to consolidate all my issues. Originally tried with WPA3, not realizing it wasn’t supported. Switched my deco mesh network to WPA2/WPA3 Personal, didn’t work. Tried WPA/WPA2, didn’t work. Tried just WPA2, didn’t work. Even getting around the prevention of entering my 8-digit password, it saves the connection but always says it is out of range. I can literally see one of my deco stations from my desk :slight_smile:Rebooting device fixes this.

Bug: Bluetooth does not pick up any device, whether they are in pairing mode or not. Indicator just blinks. Swiping back then seems to turn off bluetooth (or maybe it’s discovery mode? UX isn’t obvious here). Turning it on from the quick settings, pressing and holding then tapping to Scan for devices took me back to same bluetooth view with no devices ever discovered. – Rebooting device fixes this.

Bug: Aurora and FDroid stores never show up in the app list. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both, as well as adding Android App Support as a quick setting and making sure it was on, didn’t solve anything. Restarting the home screen did not resolve the issue. I’d really like to get some Android apps :grimacing: – Rebooting does not fix this.

Bug: Swiping in quick settings to lower brightness does not automatically turn off the “Adjust brightness automatically”, so the slider doesn’t do anything unless you go into settings and turn off the adjustment. – Rebooting does not fix this.

5 Likes

Agreed, but I’ve already reached the point where I no longer care about the bugs, only because half of it does not affect me directly. I use my PC more than I do my phone because I’m an old git with failing eyesight and my PC does not crash and freeze like my phone/its software does which is a load of old hairy dangly things ultimately.

1 Like

For android

Wild guess, maybe the paid feature are not enabled yet ? You could check if the service is running with the terminal (you need to enable developer mode)

Jolla did expect postal service to be this fast :stuck_out_tongue:

For the brightness, I think it’s intentional. Could probably be fixed with patch manager.

You can directly download F-droid from https://f-droid.org/
You will find Aurora store in the F-droid repositories

4 Likes

Yep can confirm installing f-droid directly from…well f-droid, instead of via the native prompts during Android App Support setup, did work. Same went for Aurora Store. Thanks for the tip!

3 Likes