Bluetooth toggle and indicator is out of sync with reality

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 90%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1.0.24
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia 10 II, Xperia 10
UI LANGUAGE: Swedish
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes, compared to 3.X

DESCRIPTION:

The quick-toggle Bluetooth button on the top menu shows that Bluetooth is off, and there is no indicator in the status bar, but in the settings it shows as on, and my headphones automatically connect just fine.

PRECONDITIONS:

Bluetooth on (maybe?)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Turn off phone
  2. Turn on phone

EXPECTED RESULT:

Toggle shows that Bluetooth is active, the indicator is shown in the status bar.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Bluetooth is stealthily enabled, Bluetooth headphones connect automatically just fine.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

7 Likes

Thank you for the post; this is now reported.

1 Like

This bug still exists in 4.3.0.12 EA.

Edit: Xperia 10 II

1 Like

Embarrassing. Hopefully, we’ll fix it soon.

2 Likes

This seems to be fixed in 4.4 (tested with XA2 Ultra) but it’s not mentioned in changelog. I’ll confirm this with X10II, too, which also suffers from the same issue.

Not fixed for me.  

1 Like

Works for me. My problem is turning on Bluetooth via the top menu doesn’t automatically connect to my headphones, whereas doing it from Setting does.

This should already have been tagged as “tracked” since we have an internal report about it. It’s now tagged with this.

2 Likes

Same issue on my new X10 III (4.4.0.68), with 100% reproducibility. This happens after each reboot. I need to turn Bluetooth off/on or switch the Flight mode on/off for the status bar indicator to appear and the quick-toggle button to show correct state.

P.S. If I want to do it using the quick-toggle button itself (which after reboot incorrectly shows inactive state), I have to press it TWICE, because the first time actually turns Bluetooth OFF (so the state of the quick-toggle button doesn’t change as it was already off), and only the second press turns Bluetooth back on and makes the quick-toggle button show active state.

What’s strange, I have never, not a single time, seen this issue on my XA2 Ultra, whereas on the 10 III it happens after each single reboot.

This is now fixed, at least for me, with 4.5.0.

Yes indeed. I could have sworn i saw it in the release notes, but apparently not.