Xperia Tama port: AOSP10/aarch64 release

I think only some clearpad model devices are affected (mine is TD4353jdi), reinitializing fails somehow resulting in too much sensivity or lagging input processing. There is also a battery drain notable then…

1 Like

I’m also Clearpad…(20 chars)

@rinigus - if you have a chance to take a look here - https://github.com/jarun/nnn/issues/1206

I’m having an issue with nnn function that worked fine until recently. I had the wonder if new encryption might have something to do with it, since it seems like it might have something to do with write access, and I’ve noticed similar things in other situations, (like sometimes downloads fail if I select home dir as download location - I have to select /home/Download instead…).

Thanks

I don’t think it would have anything to do with encryption. In the end, /home/defaultuser and /home/Download are on the same encrypted volume and share the same filesystem. Note that encryption was rolled out together with 4.2 release. /tmp/ is not encrypted, only /home.

1 Like

I got offered 50 updates from zypper today, so I took it. Seems ok so far…

Update - seems like an issue with keyboard… I can’t activate any layouts (typing on Waydroid atm).

Never mind, I see -still more coming…

I guess 4.3 for tama devices is imminent

Working on it and the updates so far were mainly an accident. If you applied them then I would suggest to zypper ref && zypper up again as you would have switched repos. 4.3 needs just a touch more time, wait a bit.

ps: after those updates, you would have to reboot

1 Like

Thanks, I figured as much, but I’m always up for experiments… I have updated and ref’d and dup’ed and everything more or less smooth, but still the keyboard issue. It’s like maliit won’t start or something.
I wonder if there’s a permissions issue somewhere.
Any thoughts?
(the keyboard background shows, but with no keys, and attempting to enable layouts in settings is unresponsive)

update - figured ot out. … Permissions issue in home/.cache and /.config (changed to rwx — — after update) . All good now…

well, if you’re interested, so far so good… I haven’t noticed any problems yet. Also, Waydroid working fine, and Patchmanager patches applying even better than before, even though most of them are not updated to 4.3…

suddenly I cant hear anymore the other erson in a call, I have to use the speaker to talk to people. xz2c in 4.2

Hard to say. Maybe you made some software install or update recently? I would suggest to update to 4.3 and see if it gets fixed.

I am gonna wait a bit for 4.3 if still needs some more love

@rinigus - I recently did a clean.flash, (4.3), and seem to be having some issues with lag/stutter. Seems like some kind of memory overload or something. What’s the best way to get some useful logs/reports? I figured SystemDataScope would probably be useful, but not sure exactly what to look for…

Here’s a couple of screen shots maybe significant. This is after installing SystemDataScope, and turning off the screen (nothing else running) and then turning it back on 15 minutes later and generating definitions.

update - I forgot about Waydroid… After stopping container and waiting 15 minutes again, the levels are about half.

1 Like

On my device (not tama) I caught waydroid-sensors eating 80% RAM once IIRC. Just used terminal + top for that (then kill, to confirm:)

It was a bug in Waydroid sensors that was fixed a while ago

1 Like