Xperia Tama port: AOSP10/aarch64 release

BTW Are all the old bugs present on github still valid for aosp 10/aarch64?

Cleaned up a bit. Few were resolved by moving the base and adding few options to the kernel.

1 Like

I’ll ask it here -before opening a bug wherever appropriate- cause it might be a general issue instead of a port one.

Do you get haptic feedback when typing numbers on the calculator?

Unless it is proven otherwise on Xperia 10 II, I am sure it is upstream bug and not of the port. :slight_smile: Can reproduce it on my Tama.

it’s also reproduce-able, i.e. no haptic feedback on XA2 too
(ps blame autocorrection for unproduceable before)

I don’t understand your reply: do you get haptic feedback in calculator? I don’t on Tama.

OK. i’ll file bug. (20 charrsss)

There is no haptic feedback on the Xperia 10 II in calculator. Neither in phone dialer.

I have changed zgovernor policy to avoid touching CPU. Not sure it is related - could be casual - but there are some issues with the battery level reporting on Tama/AOSP10/aarch64. Issue at Battery level is not always reflecting its actual state ¡ Issue #157 ¡ sailfishos-sony-tama/main ¡ GitHub . Problems disappeared after couple charge/discharge cycles for me when I changed zgovernor policy.

Policy update is incorporated into new config packages and you could get it by update through zypper and reboot:

# as root
zypper ref
zypper up
reboot

By accident, kernel packages (but not kernels) were rebuilt. So, those are pulled as well. After reboot, you will get into SONY logo, reboot again bit later, and then to GUI. As with any update involving new kernel.

Keep an eye on battery indicator and let me know via Github issue whether you had the problem and whether it disappeared after some time with the new settings.

I suspect it could increase power drain, but hard to judge how much. For me drain seems to be OK.

I noticed the battery acting weird after the change to AOSP 10 and i was scared shitless thinking i had a HW issue. Good to know its SW related.

Follow the issues at Github and report them :slight_smile: .

Just made a clean flash of 4.2… Not sure if anybody reported these yet:

• If I reboot, and leave the phone alone, it will boot to “home encryption password” screen, and start getting really hot and draining battery until you enter the password and boot to home.

• If using the phone while charging, with usb cable connected, there are many ‘multi-touches’, where a key pressed once will be sent 2-4 times, causing typing to be almost impossible, and jumpy/jittery scrolling, etc…

Re reboot and keeping on encryption password screen: at that stage, system is not fully booted. I am surprised that it is getting hot. For how long did you left it standing? On my tests I couldn’t reproduce it. It does have a screensaver working at that stage (by MCE). Whether it puts CPUs to sleep at that stage, I don’t know. Was phone charging or standing alone?

In general, advice would be to boot system completely if you are there already. I would expect to be the same in the official encryption solution.

Re use while charging: would have to test that. So far, haven’t observed it over here but would try to do it after keeping device on encryption password screen for some time.

Edit: After testing: device temperature was fine; couldn’t reproduce the jittery input on charger either. Which is not very good as we have these differences between devices. I used XZ2c for tests

1 Like

While i never left the phone in the encryption screen and cant know about that issue i have used the phone many times plugged in and haven’t noticed anything different that using it unplugged.

Tama SFOS 4.2.0.21 configs have been adjusted to make them compatible with Waydroid. You can update to those configs by zypper ref && zypper up and rebooting the phone.

Compared to original configs, Android vibrator service is enabled. This should allow you to install Waydroid and use it through packages in Chum. However, tested is rather limited at this point and I would suggest to keep an eye on whether vibrator feedback disappears in SFOS. Let me know (via Github issue preferably) if it happens. Then we will have to decide what to do about it based on the frequency of events and convenience.

4 Likes

Some touchscreens are not supported perfectly , there are different models built in xz2c and so…

vibe feedback working for me on pulldowns, etc…

To get your touchscreen supported or debugged, try to flash AOSP10 ROM on it. If it still has issues, file the bug at Xperia bug tracker: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/ . Providing logs in bug trackers and how to reproduce the issues would help as well. I have access only to couple of devices and while my XZ2c also refuses once in a while to accept touch events which can be restored by power on/off the screen, I haven’t looked into it as it is rather rare and there are many other things to do.

1 Like

You already filled this bug once , but closed it… Lineageos is performing well, so anybody knows the difference, how touchscreen is utilized in aosp and lineage? To reproduce: battery < 50% And then Wake up From standby…

Lineage for Tama is using stock as a base, not AOSP. Assuming that you compare to the official Lineage

PS: saw reproduce section later. Can’t reproduce it over here. For me it works fine with battery battery below 50% as well. Rather mysterious bug.