Xperia 10 V support? Is SFOS to be continued at all?

Well. If you read my first post: I can’t restore to Android 13 with Emma. Allthough Android 13 is offered as a Service that could be applied, on applying I get an error that “bricks” the device. I have to restore the device with the help of the companion app and by locking bootloader again, etc.
So, my question still is: does anybody have any advice on how to flash android 13 to my device without emma or how I can “fix” the emma-flashing?
Or is it ok to proceed with android 14 (I presume not).

Just try with 14, it will be unsupported officially etc, but you’re about to HADK your way to it anyway? XIII android 12 binaries also fixed echo but introduced a weird speakerphone bug, so the worst that can happen you’ll get a little different bugs in the end (if it works at all, didn’t hadk start with lineage sources? It’s been a while since I played with that)

What if you first re-lock the bootloader (while still on Android 14), then reboot to Android 14 so that all the changes get applied, and only then try to restore to Android 13 with Emma? Would it make a difference?

In the changes commited for Xperia IV and V on git they say you should start with AOSP for the HADK of these devices. So I have those. But somehow I thought the “initial” android that should be installed before flashing a self-built (or officially built) image of SFOS should always be of same Android version. So, if I have Android 14 and now build my image with AOSP 13, is that causing trouble/incompatibility? I think, that is the part I never really understood about that whole thing. To my understanding, if I built an image with HADK, shouldn’t that fully replace any previous versions on the phone? So it shouldn’t matter if it is Android 10, 12 or 14 (or matching my base image. Or is the built SFOS image only a part that must somehow work with the base image?

No. That didn’t work either.

What you build in hadk and what you have on phone is not really connected until you flash, just like with XIII, you can flash same aosp11 built image over 11/12/13 and it seems to work best over 13, even if only 11 is officially supported?

1 Like

I had to downgrade my Xperia 10 V from android 14 to 13 but wasn’t able to do it with Emma, I had to use newflasher, but I have XQ-DC72 and Emma don’t support it.
First I had to download firmware with Xperifirm:
Xperifirm
Then use Newflasher to flash the phone:
Newflasher

All work under Linux (Debian) but seems to work under Windows too.

To do the flash did like that if remember well:

1. Download with Xperifirm under linux have to use mono:
$ mono XperiFirm-x64.exe

Just have to choose your phone here Xperia 10 V and XQ-DC54 or 72 must match phone type,
eg. for XQ-DC54 have EU/UK, Orange FR/ES/PL/SK/RO, EE UK, O2 UK
if select EU/UK can download 68.1.A.2.204 (Android 14) or 68.0.A.0.829 (Android 13)
Xperifirm download and unpack the firmware in a way directly usable with Newflasher.

1. Copy Newflasher “executable binary” into the folder created by Xperifirm

2. With phone in flash mode (if remember well not the blue but green “LED” that isn’t LED for V)
    On your own risk, I am not responsible if you brick your device or anything else!

$ sudo fastboot oem unlock 0x...
$ fastboot --set-active=a
$ ./newflasher

I don’t remember well but first need to be in fastboot mode “blue” LED for unlock and set-active=a
then in flash mode “green” LED for newflasher.

8 Likes

As i understand it only stock android replaces everything, aosp or any custom rom/os doesn’t necessarily. For example on oneplus 6 postmarketos doesn’t flash a firmware part (or partition?) for gps, so if you start from a newer android version, than pmos is based on, then this part is too new and the older version doesn’t get flashed, so gps isn’t working. The workaround is to flash the android version pmos was based on and then flash pmos. Then gps starts working. Very well btw, the position appears in almost an instant

1 Like

Did you manage to complete the install?
I also have 10v 72 (duel sim model)

I managed to downgrade from Android 14 to 13, there is not yet “flash” file to install Sailfish OS.
Like it’s XQ-DC72 (Dual nano sim, and 8Gb RAM), I had to download XQ-DC72-CustomisedTW-68.0.A.829 (last Android 13),
same if phone seems to be from Hong-Kong (UPC 4589771649404, FCC ID:PY7-60484C), it works fine with TW firmware like both are XQ-DC72.
For now the phone is working great with Android 13, like boot-loader is unlocked no risk to get update to Android 14.

I too have the same xq-dc72 but it was bought directly from Sony Thailand. Basic setup and skipped OS update so I’m still on Android 13.

I’m new to sailfish but have installed china-global roms & Cyanogen before, After rechecking the docs, I guess the 4.6 sauna rom is for Early Access Users as 10v (DC54) is supported & will be released in August

YES. There may be several places in the Sailfish OS code that expect to have an AOSP 13 ‘underneath’.

The official version 4.6 could arrive soon…

It seems likely that SFOS will work on the alternative 10 V XQ-DC72. Does anyone know if it is possible to unlock the bootloader on all XQ-DC72? Or do you need to check with seller? Looking at purchasing whilst stocks are still available.
Thanks very much,

Look
https://developer.sony.com/

Try:

"1. In your device, open the dialer and enter ##7378423##** to access the service menu.

1. Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked."

Thanks, I had found that info. I was hoping to know if you can buy a phone new, in box, and know if it will be possible to unlock the bootloader? That is, when you don’t have access to phone or dialer?

Excuse me. I was interrupted. I have XQ-DC54 and it was yes. I unlocked the bootloader. So I can not help.
Good luck. The best way isto test it unless no-one knows.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will ask the retailer, see if they can say definitively.

All Sony Open Devices Program devices is unlockable, except operator locked, if those even exists.
Meaning, don’t buy a phone from internet operator.

7 Likes

My sample of 10V XQ-DC72 has an unlockable bootloader, validated by steps mentioned above.

3 Likes

Thanks Thump, this sounds very good. I did email Developer World (Sony) and they confirmed it was unlockable. I also note that Jolla-Devices is pre-saling both versions of the 10V, I guess that is a good sign.

2 Likes