Xperia 10 V support? Is SFOS to be continued at all?

Nope I just halted the pre-sales.
I did a bet on mid June but based on the old years… This time seems to be different, maybe the flashable image will come into more week.

1 Like

OK, so what is the status of SFOS support for the 10 IV and 10 V? Is it going to be made available this or next week, i.e. within the time frame given on Jolla Love Day 2? If not, is there anyone to let us know when to expect it?

1 Like

I am also curious like hell, my Xperia 10 V is keen for Sailfish OS. I would love to hear the availability date of the flash image ee can expect

3 Likes

I’m not sure if I’d call it just curiosity. They publicly announced (during the Jolla Love Day 2 event on May 20th, i.e. 2 months ago) that the free version of SFOS for the 10 IV and V would come “in 1-2 months”. Quite clearly, it’s not there. Not after 1 month, and still not after 2 months. OK, delays happen, and surely no one here would want them to release something that maybe still isn’t ready for public use. But not even providing any information about when it can be expected while missing their own schedule is what I’d call simply disrespectful to all those who bought the devices and keep waiting for it.

Wasn’t it that in exchange for quite seriously increasing SFOS licence pricing and switching to generally disliked and considered a trade-off subscription model, common expectation was to get better quality of support, improved communication / information flow and more timely updates? Or was it only wishful thinking of some incorrigible optimists?

2 Likes

While I am really saying give them the time they need, development not always works as wanted or predicted, the lack of information and news about the current progress is rather disappointing again.

1 Like

I don’t expect happening much until September. But i think from September things will go fast

I don’t expect happening much until September. But i think from September things will go slow!! :wink:

3 Likes

No one questions that. But not providing any information for weeks about the progress and how much longer it may take is so disrespectful. Weren’t such things supposed to improve, with the “new reborn Jolla”? There’s not even one person who would bother to take out smartphone from his pocket and remotely, even while sunbathing on a beach, post a short update on the forums for those who keep waiting. How typical.

Then why advertise “in 1-2 months”, i.e. by July, and availability of commercial components in August (YES, it was an actual release time given, not vague “in a few months”), only to then not deliver, and not even bother to post any information?

Hahaha that’s very funny :smile:

Just as much as this entire business.

1 Like

Wait to see when people will realize that they paid 50 euros in advance for a phone that will never be delivered. When did they say that the deliveries for the phone will start? They got burned with the tablet and they will be again. Some people will never learn. Yeah I know, the ruskies’s fault.

I actually still have my tablet and I applied for the community phone.
And both previous jolla phones I own, too. Till now I cannot see a fault in my case.

Limited batch of 1,000 units delivery in August

Final payment of the limited batch devices by the end of July 2024

https://shop.jolla.com/details/91eb91d3-c3de-41d0-b3c0-7075a339112d/

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with SFOS, as long as Jolla has full access to drivers and other hardware-related code. Such as is the case with J1, JC and the tablet. Soon also with C2.
I’m guessing Sony isn’t particularly interested in an Android competitor on its hardware platform. Therefore, they do not give Jolla the access that SFOS deserves. They can get to much trouble from the big G.
Just my five cents.

2 Likes

The advertised time frame for releasing the 10 IV / V support has just passed. As I said, OK, delays happen. But since the day they announced it on May 20th no further information was given. Not during those two months, and not a single word when they passed. We don’t know if it is finished, or actually even if there has been any progress at all, we don’t know how much longer it may take: one month? half a year? Nothing. ZERO communication.

Good old Jolla, nothing has changed (except for licence pricing). No care or respect to those who bought those devices and have been waiting. We’re not considered worthy even a short update that one might spend 30 seconds on posting from his smartphone while laying on the beach and drinking beer. They’re completely unreliable and untrustworthy.

2 Likes

We got the money back and i could buy a tablet second hand afterwards, unfortunately i lost it on vacation once. I gladly support jolla for their os, because it’s still the least annoying and most usable os for phones today and I’m hoping that the phone will be as bugless as the jolla phone.

2 Likes

Notice that for payment is specified the year after the month, so july 2024. No year mentioned after August. It could be August any year.

I’ve had my Xperia IV in the cupboard for 2.5 years and I’ve been waiting and waiting… In the meantime, I’ve become friends with Volla and SFOS and have gotten to know UbuntuTouch.
My daily device is currently a RedmiNote 9 with UT.
I’ve lost my hope of a functioning SFOS in the meantime.
As we all know, you pass the time while you wait.
I’ve installed droidian with posh on my Pixel3a since yesterday and I’m delighted! I feel like I did with the N900 again.
I hope that droidian with CutieShell (SFOS-like user interface) will fully fulfill my wishes and that my wait and search for a new SFOS will finally be over.

3 Likes

No one says that they shouldn’t be supported or that SFOS isn’t worth our support. That I sacrifice my time coming here and waiting for the release for so long (to no avail) is the best proof of how important it is for me. Or else I wouldn’t bother, especially with this kind of feedback.

But it definitely doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be criticized when they deserve it, especially when they so insolently disregard people that they don’t even bother to post a word of information after missing their own schedule, even though they clearly know that lots of people have been waiting.

On the contrary, I’d say that it is exactly this kind of attitude, i.e. certain group of people permanently excusing and justifying each case of their SHEER NEGLIGENCE, what confirms to them that they are free to ignore everything because they’ll always be absolved and justified, anyway. If they felt that they are commonly expected to be timely and reliable, I bet that they would act accordingly.

Yeah, for sure.

2 Likes

I don’t think so. I guess this time it’ll be delivered… (says my gut feeling)

1 Like

And yet we are wasting our time here in these forums in hope of a change.

2 Likes