Xperia 10 V support? Is SFOS to be continued at all?

Feel free to quote me where I am whining about contributions against SailfishOS. It looks like you are resorting to ad-hominem and taking posts out of context, so I am very eager to know both this and how people contributing (to whatever it is) relates to what I said.

I did not mention competitors nor business models, but yes, there are alternative mobile Linux distros out there which I even daily drive weekly. Whatever this has to do with anything, it is clearly off-topic for the thread.

2 Likes

You are whining about contributions at OpenDevices and Jolla exploiting them to offer a free product. Does this make this much of a difference?

2 Likes

Not everyone also want OLED display which Sony use since Xperia 10 II. Gigaset GX6 has IPS but the weight and for the price only 6 GB RAM and GX4 has only 4 GB RAM and 720p display.

I had a similar experience on eBay. The phone was in its package and surrounded with plastic film, but when opening it, the packaging was broken on the inside. Fortunately I got a partial refund. I tried if the phone was truly waterproof some time back and now there is some kind of residue/dust on the camera lens cover - probably a refurbished phone, like new, but with some problems.

That is not the case: pointing to a perceivably problematic relationship between a company and a fully free, open source project should not be twisted as whining. Your interpretation of my point, polluted with unreasonable arguments of business models and competition, is subjective.

The above statement is false due to its plural form: it was, in practice, a one man show.

The nature of your comment seems to be of controversial nature and somewhat personally aggravating: PM me if you need further clarifications as to not pollute the thread with offtopic content; I will restrain from further arguing due to forum spam.

P.S. I am somewhat happy that Jolla makes use of SODP, giving a modest boost to the ridiculously miniscule user base. Freeloading, on the other hand, should not be condoned.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed to see a SFOS for the Xperia 10 IV. But I am happy about every other (official) supported device anyway.

It’s kind of sad that we always have the same discussions. We’re all clinging to a spark of hope. Basically, however, little has changed for years in terms of the fundamental problems.
That’s not a criticism of anyone. I’ve just noticed it.

2 Likes

My 10 III from China via ebay looked good (packaging was a bit different from my local bought device), but what made me a bit suspicious was the fact, that it came with a USB-C to 3.5mm audio-adapter in the box. Quite pointless for a phone which has it build-it. Other than that, the phone seems to be ok (it is still running android), but many of the sellers I checked had bad reviews for selling refurbished phones as new ones. After all, it is a bit of a gamble, buying new or “new” phones on ebay. Some sellers are honest and declare their phones as refurbished.