Xperia 10 V support? Is SFOS to be continued at all?

Unfortunately they are not funding gnome mobile anymore, they said that they can’t afford it anymore so they are concentrating only on their purism shell

1 Like

yes, it is xqdc54 not xqcd54, there is a typo in the instructions for .hadk.env

2 Likes

Oh, thank you very much

yaay it’s building the kernel :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And a beta is out, regarding docs usable with Android 13 or 14:
https://releases.sailfishos.org/images/4.6.0.15/xperia_10_v_beta/

4 Likes

Yeah. Can confirm installed over android 14. Works like a charm!

Small update:
Install went fine, no surprises, general usage is smooth. No idea yet about power consumption / battery liftetime yet though.

Had to completely redo all E-Mail accounts after backup restore (however, this might be an old one, I remember having that already too when setting up my old V2)
Not unexpected but to be noted: Camera is dead.

Since I never had this situation before- since this is a beta release, will an update be possible or do I have to redo/flash the entire phone again for each update a new?

If you have a paid version, update should be possible without reflashing.
Don’t know if a free trial version provides OTA updates, but I don’t think so.
Reflashing always provides a consistent and less buggy system.

1 Like

Might be caused by the nemo / defaultuser change in the past vs old backup file?

On OTA updating SFOS, it always forgot the passwords but remembered the rest (Username, server name…) for many years. Re-entering the password also new didn’t help, account was dead. Always had to delete and re-enter the account. BUT: last update time everything worked like a charm, all mail accounts working!

For the beta it asks for an active license and I bought one quite some time ago, so this shouldn’t be an issue then.
As for the reflashing- yes, that’s a valid point, nevertheless it’s also quite some work to set up everything again (and again) - perhaps will do so when it’s out of beta.
Thanks.

The license for the 10 V is not out yet, only the free version.

1 Like

definitely not the case here.
The E-Mail accounts have been properly imported but it asked for the account passwords again and again, seemed to accept it at first but the validation request reappeared a few minutes later. Only redoing them completely resolved that issue.

That confuses me now a bit, I bought this license once the Xperia 10V appeared in the supported devices list. I’d be a little pissed if this license doesn’t apply then?
Edit: I am not sure if this was written there back then already but:

However, there is no licence for the Xperia 10 IV (XQ-CC54) and 10 V (XQ-DC54) yet.

Oh well. So be it then.
Nvm what I said.

Did you restart the new device after flashing and completing the start-up wizard, before restoring the backup? I noticed WLAN passwords didn’t survive the first reboot after flashing, perhaps it’s something similar.

I am sure if you put in a nicely worded support ticket they can “move-stuff-around” for you.

Yes and yes, completely all.
I mean I don’t mind re-entering the passwords when the backup was restored, I assumed this to be normal anyway (for security reasons). Is it not ?

Annoying was only the fact that no matter how often I entered these passwords they seemed to be accepted at first but then the message reappeared.

It’s definitely worth the try :slight_smile:

One other thing came up, the charge level of the battery is not updated during runtime, requires a restart.
I think I read about this issue somewhere else already, but I do not remember where.
Btw, where is the official place to report about the bugs in a beta?
Plain putting it in “Bug reports” ?

All these things are just in the release notes of version 4.6.0.15.

3 Likes