[Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.15

Hello :slight_smile: a very nice message - our new Xperias can enjoy sailfish (the first public image). I have to wait because my XQ-DC72 will get the image later. but I’m very happy to see a next step!
Have a nice weekend

3 Likes

One important question @jovirkku! Do we have to revert browser from ESR91, before OS upgrade?

4 Likes

Congratulations Jolla and thank you very much. My Sony Xperia 10 IV is now running happily SFOS 4.6.0.15.

7 Likes

@jovirkku, is the release of flashable images for the XQ-DC72 imminent? Can you share anything on the timetable for this?
Thanks very much,

2 Likes

Is anything imminent with Jolla? :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, I do not have any timetable to share.
I’ll do my best to remind of this task.

6 Likes

Thanks for the libhybris update :smiley:

@jovirkku am I correct that /opt2 was adding by mounting system_a ? In that case I think I would warn people that enlarged their root partition using this method Use the space from a u... | SailfishOS community wiki that it will not start the installation, but display “Sailfish OS could not be updated. Please try again later” on reboot (and will correctly reboot into the previous version).

5 Likes

Answering my own question… no we don’t.

3 Likes

I do not know the answer but I’ll try to find it. I have not tested ESR91 on 4.6.0.
I know of one guy who installed the 4.6.0.15 update to a phone having the test version of ESR91. No problems arose.

5 Likes

And now you know two. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for this! Will be exciting when the images are released.

Yes, the changelog states this:
[configs] Add /opt2 mount for system_a partition.

How much space does this change claim? I don’t use and have no plans to use Android layer in SFOS.

Usually this partition is unused. If you did not add it to the home partition manually this does not impact your available space

Update went fine on Xperia 10 (Testphone) from 4.6.0.13 (with what the phone was flashed) to 4.6.0.15 .
I deinstalled File Browser, Storeman and Chum, updated and rebooted a second time.

Then reinstalled File Browser and Chum sucessfully.
Storeman installer starts but installs no Storeman app.
(All) edit: most of my tweaks were gone but phone works.
The Phone remembers the old network configuration, that is very fine and wasn’t always so in the past!
Missing Storeman is a serious trouble, but I hope and am sure this will be fixed soon.
So anyway #1 (no issues) in the survey.

Thank you very much Jollyboys!

edit: after ssu re 4.6.0.13 it was possible to reinstall Storeman, and when ready, ssu re to switch back again.

2 Likes

Can we later separate download the new browser version ESR91 to this (old?) devices when the ESR91 version is ready w/o installing SFOS 5 ?

1 Like

Xperia 10 IV, Android 14, unlocked bootloader, flash script ended with an error:

$ sudo ./flash.sh
Flash utility v1.2
Detected Linux
Searching device to flash..
Found XQ-CC54, serial:, baseband:, bootloader:
Found matching device with serial XXXXXXXXX
Fastboot command: fastboot -s XXXXXXXXX
>> fastboot -s XXXXXXXXX getvar secure
<< getvar:secure                                      FAILED (remote: 'GetVar Variable Not found')

What could be the problem?

EDIT: resolved, @direc85 helped me Xperia 10 IV flash 4.6.0.15 faulty - #7 by direc85

I did not revert, after OTA update Browser still works fine on esr91

4 Likes

Is there a solution to this? Or such device will not be able to install this (and later) updates?

1 Like

Does ssu 4.6.0.15 && ssu ur && zypper ref && zypper dup work for anybody?

I’ve read somewhere in this forum that it may be related to USB3. Try a USB2 port.