Xperia 10 III support

I bought today new brand Xperia 10 iii also, but i highly doubt the 4.4 release will support it. Well, no one said 4.4 is going to do this :wink:

Technically correct, but the branch names in the adaptation repos for it heavily suggests that.

2 Likes

There is no release date, but if you want something to follow along with, you can look at the bug reports done by Sailfish devs to estimate progress: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/issues

1 Like

Yeah, we need another device that will only ever partially work!!, I don’t know how Jolla gets away with consistently producing broken incomplete crap.

3 Likes

Oh come on!
The Xperia 10 II is at least on par with, if not better than previous ports.

That ports exist in a complete vacuum from each other and therefore only compete for effort is also not true. All Xperias are consistently getting updates to the adaptation too - the older, the lower activity, but none the less it does not stop.
And that one (public, Sailfish X) port every 18 months (less this time around it seems) would be just so much that they couldn’t possibly cope is such a weak argument. As can be clearly seen the porting efforts aren’t 100% directed at one phone and then hard-switched to another. There are common parts, framework efforts, times with lower intensity, presumably work for other customers etc etc.

3 Likes

I don’t expect any agreement @attah, it’s just an opinion that has slowly formed over the last 8 years. As for regular updates, they are the bringers of more problems!!, so who gives a toss if updates are regular or not.

And you’re entitled to it!
But i honestly expected more form you in the way of logical arguments.

You are however not entitled to not be challenged on it, because contrary to current popular beliefs, opinion does not equal fact.

I said nothing about regular updates - while i personally appreciate them, you will have no argument from me with that a rushed update is no good. All i meant to say was that the cadence of ports is low enough to not be hurried - there are other factors that play a bigger part in quality.

1 Like

You expected an argument?, why?, there is not much more to say that has not already been said by others on this forum. This is a big waste of MY time, I speak for nobody else.

I would rather want to see a Xperia Pro-I port once it gets part of the open device program. The camera seems quite good. Until then I’m pretty happy with the Xperia 10ii. Only thing missing is VoLTE but that seems on the horizon.

Alas I just found out this phone is not compatible with 5G Vodafone in Australia… D’oh!

Hi!

• TLDR: have a look here , third from the bottom.

So, I happen to “snoop” here every other day just hoping I can start putting my Xperia III to some use, and I saw your post, and it piqued my interest.

I understand you are having issues because of this , and more specifically because of this, right? I hope the link provided above can lead you to some helpful solutions.

[In fact, I have not understood if you already have the phone or not; were that the case, and were you successful in using your phone, may I suggest you to make an independent post about it, in order to provide a solution to others?]

Ciao!

You may change the IMEI to one in the certified range. Don’t know if this is possible running SailfishOS, but here are the instructions how to achieve this with a rooted Android https://infos-geek.com/en/how-to-change-the-imei-number-on-sony-xperia-10/
Don’t know if a changed IMEI will survive a reflash to SfOS but I’d presume it does.

it is a horse manure.

Hey, it’s not compatible with Vodafone 5G b/c Vodafone uses 700MHz (n28) and 3500MHz (n78) frequencies. This phone does not. I’m happy with 4G though.

Well, no real needs for 5G on a mobile handset anyways IMHO (except there is no 4G but 5G only coverage)…

Sales came and went, and no interesting offers on Xperia 10 iii :cry: still at exaggerated >400 euros price.
Hopefully by the next Xperia announcement, the prices for this one will be lowered.

3 Likes

yes, sadly.

X 10 III was at £290 on black friday and I nearly bought, wish i had now!

check the giffgaff store, xperia 10 III is listed now for £319

1 Like

Cheap price in DK just now 128GB version Sony Xperia 10 III 5G 128GB - Black | På lager | Billig and that’s with 25% local VAT

1 Like