Xperia 10 III audio and video problems trigger after a period of time in use

Ok :relaxed:

1 Like

Mhh, no difference except for the idle-timeout module, which i am not running at the moment.

And the proper way to start pulseaudio is

pulseaudio --start instead of pulseaudio -D. But normally pulseaudio starts itself after being stopped, so ‘pulseaudio -D’ shouldnt be needed.

I didn’t do anything of the above, except reboot two days ago, and still it seems okay now. As said, about two days without error.
I think this issue happened 3 times the first day after reflash of Sailfish.

I loaded the sink idle module again and a few hours later all sound was gone. I unloaded the module again and test this a couple of days. Sadly unloading this module has a huge impact on the battery.

Had this problem again today. No phone ring tone, no audio in call when answered, no notification sounds. Tried restarting home screen, but that made no difference. Only a reboot fixed things. 10 III on 4.4.0.68

I do still have the issue once in a while .
I do still not know why but I may get the issue after a restart of the phone and use of the Bluetooth.
To solve it I run the following command in the Terminal:

pulseaudio --check && pulseaudio -k && pulseaudio --start

Teh issue will occur when having the GPS and android support open

1 Like

this somehow matches my experience: I have the issue sometimes after using PureMaps. I only activate GPS when navigating with PureMaps and deactivate GPS thereafter. Often (always?) the audio and video problems show up after using Pure Maps. In most cases, Android Support was running when using Pure Maps.
The issue is still there …

@elkiaer @JoOppen I cannot certainly say anything about the role of Android Support. But for GPS I can say that your observations are a red herring:
I’ve had location services deactivated for several days, but still got the audio issues (both types: no audio at all, or audio staying at the wrong sink).

@schmittlauch I guess your observation is helpfull because for me the issue closely correlates with the use of PureMaps for navigation. But, off course, I don’t no whether this is a mere coincidence of using GPS and Android or something else.

I am switching on/off gps, to use in waze few times per week. Always after using gps in some app sound is lost after some time (could be after several hours). Therefore always after using gps after disabling it I restart my phone. When gps was not enabled, issue does happen to me even if phone is working without restartng for a weeks.

What could be tested is to restart the phone without android support. Enable the gps and see if the no sound will occur. REMEMBER NOT TO START ANY ANDROID APPS.
If an android apps must be started close the gps support first.

I had this problem every other day so I left the phone without Simcard. Read about a user experiensing different variations in time, travelling in different countries. So i charged the phone (10III), After two months everyday testing the sound, it did not fail once. Might this be a fault conversation with the Simcard and how does that effect the sound ???

The phone uses your location via the simcard mayby the bug is there