Xperia 10 II + SFOS

cameras:
center
bottom

16 Likes

Nice! Beeing unfamiliar with this app: is it a permanent configuration, or do you have to adjust the config whenever you want to use a different camera?

1 Like

Well, I’ve hard coded that for me because editing program code while walking is hard :grinning:

I may build something more flexible (like a dropdown) later.

4 Likes

I ended up replacing:
settings.global.cameraId = settings.global.cameraId
=== "primary" ? "secondary" : "primary"

by:
if (parseInt(settings.global.cameraId) + 1 == settings.global.cameraCount) settings.global.cameraId = "0";
else settings.global.cameraId = parseInt(settings.global.cameraId) + 1;

In
/usr/share/harbour-advanced-camera/qml/pages/CameraUI.qml

This cycles through all available cameras when the “switch camera” button is pressed.
(back camera needs a restart of the app for some reason)

Maybe not very convenient but good enough for me.

12 Likes

With WiFi enabled, the battery seems to go down rather quickly (similar to the Jolla Tablet, which, with WiFi enabled, also has a tendency to drain its battery in a single day). With WiFi disabled and minimal usage, my battery dropped 6% over the course of 12 hours.

2 Likes

I do not remember the Jolla tablet battery to go down that quick.

And I would say it is not the device itself but maybe something in the lastest (4.1.0) release?

4 Likes

Weirdly my battery life has been quite satisfactory. Days go by and there’s still charge. Now admittedly it’s not in very active use right now but WiFi is on and mobile Internet. Just automatic email sync is off.

4 Likes

Cant talk about the 10ii but -in general- what is an absolute pig when it comes to depleting the battery is the browser.

If you don’t browse the internet the battery is fine.

4 Likes

Curiosity got me and I checked out if this code would also cycle through the 2 “selfie” cams on the XA2 Ultra . . . No, it does not. In fact it only cycles thru the main camera and nothing else. :frowning: My QML skills are still very poor, so I haven’t tried anything else.

I’m eager to get SFOS on the 10 II, and maybe see if I can get it to simultaneously (or nearly simultaneously) take 3 images with the 3 main sensors. I don’t know what good it would do, but something suggests that I should try.

4 Likes

On SFOS 4.1 ?
Does the screen go blank when you try to switch cameras or does nothing happen at all?

4.0 I haven’t upgrade to 4.1 yet on the XA2.

On clicking the camera change button, the image goes black then returns to the main camera (without a second click).

Any ideas how to get Google Chrome installed?

INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY: Reconciliation failed…: Reconcile failed: Package com.android.chrome requires unavailable shared library com.google.android.trichromelibrary; failing!

Install com.google.android.trichromelibrary, you can get it e. g. from APKPure.
Reason: From Android 10 on, the rendering engine has been separated from Chrome into an external library to ease sharing by other apps. This library is provided by Google and is not in AOSP.

Thanks. Surprisingly, installing Trichrome Library 91.0.4472.77 (arm64-v8a + arm-v7a) APK Download by Google LLC - APKMirror dis not fix it. Hm.

As an alternative, you can install Bromite.

I installed FFUpdater from FDroid and it can download Frefox and Bromite (chrome-based).

1 Like

Learning: I miss hardware camera button.

The volume up or down buttons act as a hardware camera button.

4 Likes

Anyone else experiencing really low overall volume even though everything is set to max? is this a software or hardware issue?

2 Likes

I have not.
Did you boot up the phone with Android after unlocking?
Apparently some hardware calibration takes place there…

Yes I did, although I did not finish again the setup wizard.