Xperia 1 IV, 5 IV and 10 IV support

Hi Sailors,

Just saw on the Sony site that the Sony Xperia 10 IV is now also a Supported Device in the Open Device Program.

What does this mean for official support?

I would like to buy it in Black Friday if Jolla officially supports the device.

What do you think?

Supported Devices

Bye,
dnc

2 Likes

What does this mean for official support?

Possible? Sure.
Certain? Definitely not.

Support for 10 III was announced last May, so i wouldnā€™t expect it earlier than May 2023.

Would i buy a 10 IV now, if i had the chance (and wait for more than six months for official SFOS)? Probably. Without the support? That i honestly donā€™t know. But i guess itā€™s a good phone, even with Android.

1 Like

i faced this dilemma last year when the 10 III was on sale at black friday for Ā£290.

never came back down to that price, ended up buying one eight months later for Ā£330.

then again, iā€™m still using my XA2 four months after installing SFOS on the 10 III because I canā€™t get mobile data to work on the new phoneā€¦

1 Like

Last year there was Xperia 10 III (lena) content in the public (mer-hybris) adaptation repos by Black Friday. Thatā€™s a 98% guarantee in my book.

There is nothing about the IV yet.

3 Likes

Itā€™d be really nice to know, phone is like half price right now.

At Amazon Black Friday in Germany the Xperia 10 IV costs only 374ā‚¬!

For reference Future devices? - #5 by thigg

1 Like

339ā‚¬ is a really good priceā€¦

Xperia 10 IV seems to 299e in Finland currently.

Ā£299 on amazon.co.uk

Thatā€™s sad that we donā€™t have any answer on the Xperia 10 IV sailfish OS port because the Xperia is at a special discount price on Amazon at the moment so weā€™re gonna miss the opportunity to have one at a cheap price.

I have taken the gamble at 341ā‚¬ for the Lavender colored one :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I have also taken the gamble at 299ā‚¬ in Finland

3 Likes

no need to hurry, they are available till march, usually
although 300 euro is a good price to ā€œbuy now, think laterā€

1 Like

If the 10 ivā€™s specā€™s are identical to the 10 iii with the exception of the chip shouldnā€™t it be possible to run sfos ?

ā€œā€¦with the exception of the chipā€ā€¦ Youā€™re joking, right? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I took the gamble and picked up an Xperia 10 IV for 300ā‚¬. They might be cheaper later but 300ā‚¬ is still a good price. Previously I thought about buying the Xperia 10 III but the display quality was not that great. The Xperia 10 IV display is brighter and more vibrant so I take the gamble and hope that Xperia 10 IV will get an official Jolla supported Sailfish port.

2 Likes

Iā€™m probably taking the same gamble. I use cheap one plus phone as My work phone. But I have tested Microsoftā€™s apps in Sailfish Android and they seem to work well, so I think I ditch the Android phone and switch to Sailfish.

I use Sailfish phone most of the time and constantly fight with the android phoneā€™s peculiarities. I donā€™t like it so I donā€™t want to learn how to use it efficiently. I rather get rid of it and get netter OS instead.

3 Likes

I bought sony Xperia 10iv only so that i can port it to sailfish osā€¦my question now is wil it support xqcc72 version??? Sony made the smartphone but they dint add xqcc72 on the open device listā€¦will i ever get to experience sailfish osā€‹:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

The 10 IV is includedā€¦

1 Like