Xperia 1 IV, 5 IV and 10 IV support

I usually carry my work phone with me, because that’s where I can run Android apps better than my ancient turdball of a 10plus anyway, and it’s happened once or twice that I’ve used BT to send pics.

Maybe you want a proper camera and no BT, but this would be my solution if Jolla is kind enough to toss us a bone in the form of an install image without camera support.

For my 10IV (XQ-CC54), Emma does not offer me the option to update Android to version 14, the highest version it offers me is v13.

How about if you take a13 from Emma and boot it up and upgrade from UI?

2 Likes

I have v13 (65.1.A.5.65) installed via Emma, ​​the UI doesn’t offer to update: “The device has the latest available system updates installed”.

Is the bootloader (re)locked?

I had to relock the bootloader to get Android 14 Update offering

2 Likes

No, bootloader is not (re)locked

OTA upgrade is possible only with bootloader locked. I had the same issue and found that Emma will offer the original v.13 only, also after upgrade to v.14. This goes for X10V at least.
Took me most part of a whole day to upgrade to the latest Android 14. 5 or 6 OTA upgrades if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

So the obvious is not the reason that your device does not offer Android 14 upgrade.

I am frequently the kind of guy to not see the obvious, at least my wife pretends that :crazy_face:

I relock BL on v13, UI doesn’t offer v14. I relock BL on v12 (the original version on the device when I bought it as new), the UI does not offer to upgrade to a higher version. Either I’m doing something wrong or I bought the wrong phone. :frowning:
Is it necessary to have a google account for OTA (UI) update? Because I don’t have it.

No.

Give it some time. Sometimes it appears with some delay. Try to refresh after a few minutes.

1 Like

I haven’t discovered the obvious reason, yet, but there is definitely one, I am worried.

It didn’t help even after a while, I left the phone on wifi all night, nothing. I haven’t figured out what’s preventing the update.

Are you sure that bootloader re-lock was successful? Did it then wipe all user data and required going through the initial setup from scratch? I got multiple OTA updates on my 10 V. When I was offered the first Android 14 update, I cancelled it and unlocked the bootloader.

1 Like

Hey, I’ve been googling for some time but couldn’t find any conclusive info. I’ve seen may positions where Xperia 10 V was presented as device that comes with two options of ram 6GB and 8 GB, can somebody confirm this?

@wetab73 already gave all the answers that I would do, and I think he is right on that you probably didn’t succeed on bootloader relock.

1 Like

yes, fastboot oem lock finished “Okey”, on first boot after relock the device started “cleaning”, then booted without “unlock” notification and

it continued like the first time I started the phone, I had to set everything up again

I also tried such “extreme” things that I turned off the security on the wifi router, checked if the OEM is turned off after the relock, USB debugging, I turned off the developer mode, it didn’t help.

EDIT: When I connect it to Emma it appears

EDIT 2: Maybe this is the cause of my problem
Software updates are released at different times depending on the carrier, market, or country. Therefore, we can only give you an approximate date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for a specific model.

I really don’t recommend that. AFAIK the OTA update will be transferred over mobile data anyway.

@Ride92, There is two slightly different models of the Sony Xperia 10 V.
XQ-DC72 (Asian Version): 8gb ram, dual nano sim (dual standby) micro sd card uses a sim card slot
XQ-DC54 (Euro Version): 6gb ram, single nano sim and esim (unlikely to be supported for a long time with sailfish), micro sd card uses own slot
All else is the same I think - possibly radio bands are different, though haven’t compared.
Jolla has confirmed that both models will be supported.

2 Likes

Ok, good, so my next move is to start looking for XQ-DC72 :slight_smile: but need to compare the bands first.

Thank you @juz for providing the exact info I was looking for

Hello, I ordered the model 10V XQ-DC72. Last week it has been delivered. O2 Germany and polish MVNO (second card) could connect to LTE/5G. VoLTE is running well. Transfer rate from o2 5G was about 300 Mbps.

I compared the bands and I din’t found a big diffrence but a recheck is well ;D So we all can be sure.

3 Likes